Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap Dedicated For Wordpress
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap Dedicated For Wordpress

I need a semi-cheap dedicated for two WordPress websites. Moving from VPS.

VPS specs
Centos 7 + WHM/cPanel
4cpu (says xeon, doesn't give brand)
8gb ram
300gb hd
100 Mbps uplink

$35 USD a month.

The sites are semi-database heavy. Like one site has about 2-3 thousand posts. The other a few hundred. One site runs python to scrape some stuff via cronjob every 20 minutes.

Both sites in total receive about 2000-5000 visitors a day. Growing slowly.

4 CPU cores via VPS should of been enough, but sadly the provider has blacklisted IP ranges, and don't mind rolling over new customers onto IP's hit by denial of service constantly.

My budget is 0-60 USD monthly. Should include WHM license into that cost if possible.

Comments

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

Do you want managed, or unmanaged?

• @FHR said:

Does unmanaged include a web panel/portal for OS installation?

If so, then it should be fine unmanaged.

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

@justaguy2018 said:

@FHR said:

unmanaged - they give you a server with a console access, and sometimes preinstalled cPanel. You are responsible for the software, updates etc…
    managed – If your cPanel installation breaks, something does not work, you need to update the system; the provider will take care of it for you.

• @FHR said:

@justaguy2018 said:

@FHR said:

unmanaged - they give you a server with a console access, and sometimes preinstalled cPanel. You are responsible for the software, updates etc…
    managed – If your cPanel installation breaks, something does not work, you need to update the system; the provider will take care of it for you.

Okay. Majority of providers will have a web panel with OS profiles for 1 click install. I assumed managed meant tech support tickets/backups.

I can do it manually anyway via SSH.

• What I recommend you is Contabo. They have 8GB RAM Dedicated server and they fit your budget. The only problem they have is network downtime which is frequent.

• MultiMulti Member

Who on earth would recommend Contabo for a production service? You can use it for some private shit but I would never ever recommend it for production usage. Its unstable and not reliable at all!

Thanked by 1FHR
  • Regarding Contabo's performance, I'm quoting their "Guarantees of performance" section 7 point 1 from https://contabo.com/agb.html

(1) The provider guarantees an annual mean 95%-availability of the physical connection of his webspace packages, dedicated, colocated and virtual servers. Exempted hereof are periods of time in which the servers are not reachable over the internet due to technical or other problems which do not lie within the provider's sphere of influence (force majeure, faults of third parties or of the customer).

https://uptime.is/95 graciously explained about 95%-availability. What kind of prod server have a nap time for 1.12 hour each day?

Thanked by 3mksh mrTom DanSummer
  • vovlervovler Member
    edited May 2018

I'm pretty sure a 5$ VPS with CyberPanel (OLS + LSCache + PHP7), would be more than enough to handle 5000 visitors (as long it has enough disk space), and it would even optimize images as well.

5000 / 12 day hours / 60 minutes ~= 7 visits per minute. It's not that high of a load.

If you wanna reduce even further the database load, install memcached or lsmcd and configure it at the wordpress lscache plugin.

Regarding your phyton script... no one here can guess how much CPU/Memory it uses

Thanked by 1jetchirag
  • What about Netcup RS 1000 G8?

• HxxxHxxx Member

If it only was that simple. Broooothurrrr some WP sites are just fucked up with so much plugins and query in loops that it just needs the raw power. Unless of course you are willing to pay a dev or if you are a dev yourself, to take the time to debug the fucking mess.

Cache Enabler plugin (from keycdn i think it is ?) with CloudFlare might help the OP.
    Put some nginx as reverse proxy for maximum effect (talk about over doing it). Make sure to set CloudFlare cache properly. So is cache on top of cache :) .

These clouds providers with their limited cores sometimes doesn't cut it. Nothing like a full E3 raw power owning that WP shitty code.

I went full retard a few days ago and optimized a WP eCommerce shop to the point that I get A grade from GTMETRIX and Pingdom. It just take so much time to do.

@vovler said:
    I'm pretty sure a 5$ VPS with CyberPanel (OLS + LSCache + PHP7), would be more than enough to handle 5000 visitors (as long it has enough disk space), and it would even optimize images as well.

5000 / 12 day hours / 60 minutes ~= 7 visits per minute. It's not that high of a load.

If you wanna reduce even further the database load, install memcached or lsmcd and configure it at the wordpress lscache plugin.

Regarding your phyton script... no one here can guess how much CPU/Memory it uses

• HaendlerITHaendlerIT Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2018

We can offer a VPS with dedicated ressources and own SSDs / HDDs.

CPU: 4 x 2,5 GHz,
    RAM: 16 GB RAM,
    SSD: 240 GB SSD (second SSD for HW RAID1 5 € / month),
    Connection: 1 GBit/s dedicated,
    Traffic: fair use (at least 2 TB)

cPanel license and Installation inclusive.

for 55 € / month

Located in Germany.

• vovlervovler Member

@Hxxx said:

I went full retard a few days ago and optimized a WP eCommerce shop to the point that I get A grade from GTMETRIX and Pingdom. It just take so much time to do.

Funny, as I just did the same thing.
    https://i.gyazo.com/eb9cbbc6823f83626e5d7af0b170b4a2.png
    https://i.gyazo.com/fbaa6d43f1efed8c1a7ab48feceaaccb.png
    https://i.gyazo.com/1d24a4251571f97342bc6d922a02803f.png

• mohamedmohamed Member

I would recommend TerraHost in Norway

25 USD for their market dedicated servers.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

cPanel Dedicated Server license costs $35 / mo so it's quite unrealistic to get anything production ready with cPanel included.

We could do:

E3-1270V5
    16 GB DDR4 ECC
    1x 240 GB Samsung Enterprise SSD
    1Gbit/s uplink with 30 TB Bandwidth
    London, UK

$60 USD / mo + VAT if applicable.

UK Dedicated Servers to order PM or https://www.clouvider.co.uk/contact/

• why WHM/cPanel? I'm pretty sure you could do a lot better with either serverpilot.io or runcloud.io using a $7-$10 vps.

Give it a try.