Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggest me a cheap code signing certificate
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Suggest me a cheap code signing certificate

I need to sign an application I wrote for my client. That's for Windows, 32 bit. Actually, the application is not for mass distribution, will be used internally, probably in 100 machines. The client doesn't want to see warning while opening the app.

So, guys, can you please suggest me a cheap code signing certificate? Within $100?

Comments

• williewillie Member
    edited May 2018

Comodo Code Signing SSL is $75/1 year $131/2 years at gogetssl.com reseller discount (just sign up for it, they approve basically everyone). It's sometimes possible to beat their prices slightly but I've been pretty happy with them.

• If you're dealing with 100 machines that you manage, you can consider creating your own CA and issue Code Signing certificates yourself.

The catch is that you'll need to import that private CA into the Trusted Root Store on each machine. If those machines are managed in Active Directory, it's as simple as pushing the certificate via Group Policies :P

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • I realize this is an effective way to make the warning disappear, but...

willie said: Comodo Code Signing SSL is $75/1 year $131/2 years at gogetssl.com reseller discount (just sign up for it, they approve basically everyone)

Is this not a problem in the grand scheme of security?

• williewillie Member
    edited May 2018

jiggawattz said: Is this not a problem in the grand scheme of security?

I mean Gogetssl approves everyone who applies to to their reseller program so they can get the discounts. There's no security implication to that and they should probably just give everyone the lower prices directly. You still go through the normal Comodo certificate approval process (for better or worse) when you buy the certificate. It makes no difference for that whether you are a Gogetssl reseller.

• I have many code sign certs. I can give you one for free, PM me

• imnotmoguimnotmogu Member
    edited June 2018

@imnotmogu said:
    I have many code sign certs. I can give you one for free, PM me

more than one person asked me about the certificate, and I explained that my certificates are all verified. Please confirm the requirement before PM me.