Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is your favorite backup software?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is your favorite backup software?

YmpkerYmpker Member

Currently looking at Aomei Backup or Ashampoo Backup.

Looking to backup certain Windows folders not only to GDrive but also to my NAS. If possible do that automatically at scheduled times :)

Comments

• pincpinc Member

duplicati?

Thanked by 2caracal coreflux
  • beaglebeagle Member

I would recommend AOMEI. Never used Ashampoo.

I've been using AOMEI for scheduled full disk backups to my NAS for a few of years. It has already saved my skin a couple of times after failed Win 10 updates.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • ZerpyZerpy Member

raid

Thanked by 4Jord Dustlab Aidan Neoon
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@Zerpy said:
    raid

YOLORAID no?

Thanked by 1Zerpy
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@beagle said:

I've been using AOMEI for scheduled full disk backups to my NAS for a few of years. It has already saved my skin a couple of times after failed Win 10 updates.

Ive just watched an aomei review on youtube and apparently the single file restoring is a pita because you need to remember the time from when that file was created and then click yourself through the wizard to find it otherwhise it won't show.

• Rsync

• kbapkbap Member
    edited May 2018

I like borgbackup, not sure if it fits your needs though

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • kasslekassle Member

dropbox to sync folder, combined with rclone running on vps to create daily, weekly and monthly backup.

• beaglebeagle Member

@Ympker said:

@beagle said:

Ive just watched an aomei review on youtube and apparently the single file restoring is a pita because you need to remember the time from when that file was created and then click yourself through the wizard to find it otherwhise it won't show.

I use it for a daily full disk backup only. When I needed to restore a file I simply mounted the image as a drive and copied the file back.

For file backup I use FreeFileSync for daily copies from PC to NAS and then BorgBackup from NAS to storage VPS. For file versioning I also keep Windows File History running on the background saving also on the NAS and SpiderOak for "cloud" backup.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@beagle said:

@Ympker said:

@beagle said:

I use it for a daily full disk backup only. When I needed to restore a file I simply mounted the image as a drive and copied the file back.

For file backup I use FreeFileSync for daily copies from PC to NAS and then BorgBackup from NAS to storage VPS. For file versioning I also keep Windows File History running on the background saving also on the NAS and SpiderOak for "cloud" backup.

Ah so mounting the backup as a drive works, too? Sweet :)

• beaglebeagle Member

@Ympker said:

@beagle said:

@Ympker said:

@beagle said:

Ah so mounting the backup as a drive works, too? Sweet :)

Indeed.

Imgur

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • WebDudeWebDude Member

Duplicati For desktop, servers and Linux & Windows.

• WebDudeWebDude Member

@Zerpy said:
    raid

Legendary joke, because raid isn't backup.

• emptyPDemptyPD Member

using AOMEI for years, works perfect!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

I actually found Abelssoft backup on of my CDs from pc magazines and tried it. It works straight forward and allows for easy single drive restoring :)

• caracalcaracal Member

Another thumbs up for duplicati for desktops. Borg for servers.

• I have used AOMEI too, and liked it, but settled on R-Drive Image for my Windows machines. For bare metal restores, it works nice on providers that are willing to mount the restore CD for me, or you can start a restore in a vanilla copy of Windows and it reboots to a GUI.

I just use RSync on my Linux boxes to an offsite server; the two that actually have a GUI (Webuzo, paid) for my customers, I use the built-in backup (which just Gzips/TARs the files), and transfer periodic copies of those offsite. My offsite backup server is a 2TB VPS on a RAID-5 node.

• sibapersibaper Member

veenam free edition, thank me later

• BBTNBBTN Member

Acronis for full disk backups using Windows, SyncBack for single files and IMAP sync, borgbackup for all linux machines.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

rsync + gzip, it works like MAGIC.