Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some initial thoughts on SiteGround (no full review!)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Some initial thoughts on SiteGround (no full review!)

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited May 2018 in Reviews

So I have been moving a rather large website to them recently and they had it moved after 3 hours of the placement of my order (which was 1:00 at night). They set everything up and ready to run rather quickly. The daily backup & restore feature is awesome and acctually works! The phone hotline is acctually a hotline. Called 5 times so far and NEVER had to wait. Always got a support agent right away who was 1) willing to help and 2) knew how to without any further forwarding/redirecting. Live Chat is also always online it seems and responds swiftly. Tickets are replied to in 1-3 hours (somewhere on the website they mention a 10 minute initial ticket reply time frame but I don't know if they really mean that).
The webserver is performant aswell and their WordPress "SG Optimizer" is helpful. So far so good :P Any bad experiences anyone made with them? Let me know (here or PM) :P

To be updated

Comments

• Their resource limits (such as CPU limits) seem too strict. Any thoughts there?

• @codedivine said:
    Their resource limits (such as CPU limits) seem too strict. Any thoughts there?

It's been working fine for the website I host there. Not the highest limits though.

• @codedivine said:
    Their resource limits (such as CPU limits) seem too strict. Any thoughts there?

I had one instance where the Google bot went nuts on a new site with 8k products and ate my month's CPU in a couple of days. They were cool about it. I slowed the allowable crawl rate and they reset my CPU limit.

The go geek plan with staging & git is very handy.

Thanked by 1Ympker