Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any experiences with IP-Projects?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any experiences with IP-Projects?

YmpkerYmpker Member

Heard a lot of good things about them, but has anyone here got any benchmarks or experiences with them to share? :P

Interesting VPS Line-up, especially the fact that you can order up to 5 additional IPv4 IPs FREE of charge with any plan!

Comments

• 5 free IPv4s.... sketchy as hell

• Well I can see them wanting to make a marketing advantage of currently unused IPv4s, but that also begs the question of what will happen when they find a more profitable use for them.

• HaendlerITHaendlerIT Member, Host Rep

I didn't know there VPS Line, but there support as colocation or dedicated server customer is realy great.

I thought if you got the IP once you never will lose it, but if they got to many requests for 5 IPs on the smallest VPS I could imagine that they will change it for new orders in the future.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • thagoatthagoat Member
    edited May 2018

You're better off with Scaleway for that pricepoint, as long as you don't need the IPv4.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@thagoat said:
    You're better off with Scaleway for that pricepoint, as long as you don't need the IPv4.

The IPv4 being the thing of most interest though Scaleway is not as interesting :P

Thanked by 1thagoat
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Well, IP-Projects is legit, we saw that often, that a provider gives out IPv4 like candy sometimes, to justify more blocks.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2018

@Neoon said:
    Well, IP-Projects is legit, we saw that often, that a provider gives out IPv4 like candy sometimes, to justify more blocks.

Their name fits.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • thagoatthagoat Member

@Ympker said:
    The IPv4 being the thing of most interest though

True, but what will you do with the 5 IPs? Provision tiny VMs?

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@thagoat said:

@Ympker said:
    The IPv4 being the thing of most interest though

I won't, others may.

• msg7086msg7086 Member

@thagoat said:

"social media activities"

Thanked by 2thagoat graphic
  • hzrhzr Member

msg7086 said: "social media activities"

"for my nutrition online shop"