Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High bandwidth Required
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

High bandwidth Required

DearTankerDearTanker Member
edited May 2018 in Requests

network is the most important thing i care

• Virtualization: KVM / Dedicate server

• VZ Type: KVM, Xen, or Dedicate.

• Number of Cores: 2C

• RAM: 2G

• Disk Space: 10G

• Disk Type: SSD

• Bandwidth: 20T or higher

• Port Speed: guarantee 200Mbps or higher

(I have used alpharacks's QN、leaseweb Seattle , their network is fine, but bandwidth is not enough.)

• DDoS Protection: not require

• Number of IPs:1 China Optimized but dont require CN2 route.

• Budget: $18~$30/month ( My budget is no clue, please make your offer. )

• Billing period: Monthly, Quarterly or Yearly

Mod edit: See https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2778866/#Comment_2778866 for updated request.

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Have you found any networks in the past that haven't worked as you'd expect? Was there a specific transit provider or route?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Do you actually mean "more than" or "no more than"?

20TB of good china bandwidth is going to be $100/month+.

Francisco

• @trewq said:
    Have you found any networks in the past that haven't worked as you'd expect? Was there a specific transit provider or route?

It's hard to say, direct route to china will be fine.

• @Francisco said:
    Do you actually mean "more than" or "no more than"?

20TB of good china bandwidth is going to be $100/month+.

Francisco

if u are meaning CN2,that i don't want. direct route will be fine.

• belinikbelinik Member

direct route... 20T... 18$/month?
    What package did you use back in leaseweb?

• DearTankerDearTanker Member
    edited May 2018

@belinik said:
    direct route... 20T... 18$/month?
    What package did you use back in leaseweb?

I have brought it from OneProvider. But only have 2T bandwidth.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Your budget is below the cost of bandwidth you want.

edited May 2018

@Clouvider said:

check this out : https://gthost.com/ , there is some provider have 200Mbit/s Unmetered bandwidth. but i don't need that much cpu/ram/disk.

So, i think maybe i can get 20T bandwidth with $18/month ?

• sibapersibaper Member

why do you mention gthost?

I didnt found similiar config with op

• @DearTanker said:

@Clouvider said:

check this out : https://gthost.com/ , there is some provider have 200Mbit/s Unmetered bandwidth. but i don't need that much cpu/ram/disk.

I don't think GTHost has direct China route though. Direct China route is expensive and 20tb of it alone exceeds 50$+ atleast @200Mbps. If you get a mix even then it sounds unreasonable.

edited May 2018

@subhojitdutta said:

@DearTanker said:

@Clouvider said:

I don't think GTHost has direct China route though. Direct China route is expensive and 20tb of it alone exceeds 50$+ atleast @200Mbps. If you get a mix even then it sounds unreasonable.

Maybe i have misunderstanding about Direct China route.

Take QN for example, their have $39/month dedicated server, add $5/month get Asian Optimized IP, add $5/month to get 1Gbps port. see: http://banners.quadranet.com/secretsale/. But i dont need that much disk and ram.

• @DearTanker said:

@subhojitdutta said:

Take QN for example, their have $39/month dedicated server, add $5/month get Asian Optimized IP, add $5/month to get 1Gbps port. see: http://banners.quadranet.com/secretsale/. But i dont need that much disk and ram.

But you want 20TB bandwidth & the price you have quoted is for 10TB - if you take a look at https://www.quadranet.com/available-upgrades, you will see the price for an additional 10TB is $59, so in total comes to $108 / month - which is significantly above what you want to pay - your budget is too low.

edited May 2018

@matthewkilpatrick said:

@DearTanker said:

@subhojitdutta said:

But you want 20TB bandwidth & the price you have quoted is for 10TB - if you take a look at https://www.quadranet.com/available-upgrades, you will see the price for an additional 10TB is $59, so in total comes to $108 / month - which is significantly above what you want to pay - your budget is too low.

Thank you very much. it seems bandwidth is the most expensive things. but i need to explain one thing. 20T i mean is combine in + out traffic, maybe some provider have in traffic for free. So 10T out is fine. and i can increase my budget.

• Hence @Clouvider mentioned bandwidth alone is your bottleneck. Let alone other hosting costs

• @subhojitdutta said:
    Hence @Clouvider mentioned bandwidth alone is your bottleneck. Let alone other hosting costs

Thank you. If i only want 1Gbps share port. can i get 20T in+out bandwidth?

edited May 2018

Virtualization: KVM

Number of Cores: 2C

RAM: 2G

Disk Space: 10G

Disk Type: SSD

Bandwidth: 10T out + 10T in

Port Speed: Share 1Gbps/10Gbps

(I have used alpharacks's QN、leaseweb Seattle、Linode Fremont、Vultr Seattle , their network is fine for me, just the bandwidth is not enough. )

DDoS Protection: not require

Number of IPs:1 China Optimized but don't require CN2 route !!!

Budget: $20~$100/month ( My budget is not certain , please make your offer. )

Billing period: Monthly, Quarterly or Yearly

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@DearTanker I merged your threads together. You didn't need to make another.

• @trewq said:
    @DearTanker I merged your threads together. You didn't need to make another.

can u update the main post for me. people maybe get confuse :(

• fkjfkj Member

Even with such port and bandwidth, I don't think your local ISP will remain unnoticed that you used 20TB.

• @fkj said:
    Even with such port and bandwidth, I don't think your local ISP will remain unnoticed that you used 20TB.

That‘s fine.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@DearTanker said:

(I have used alpharacks's QN、leaseweb Seattle、Linode Fremont、Vultr Seattle , their network is fine for me, just the bandwidth is not enough. )

Okay, this is a lot better than 200Mbit gauranteed for <$30 /month.

For USA West coast, this might be doable for for your budget, but the bandwidth part is where the cost is at.

Basically you're looking at an average of 35Mbit, which shouldn't be so expensive in USA. But for decent China bandwidth, it won't be that cheap.

Since you PMd me, I can tell you that in HK, you would be at a minimum of $350 /month for this service, and probably more for most providers with decent CN connectivity. But USA should be a lot cheaper.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Are you physically in China? I can send you some test files so you can see if our connectivity works for you.

• @DearTanker said:

@subhojitdutta said:
    Hence @Clouvider mentioned bandwidth alone is your bottleneck. Let alone other hosting costs

А dedicated 100/100Mbps port is ~33TB up + ~33TB down~=66TB total so you require like 1/3 of a dedicated 100/100 port, or a dedicated ~33/33Mbps port.

Most shared port users use like up to 100GB or so monthly, some of them couple of ten gigs, and some a couple of hundred gigs.

Plus a route preference, i think it's going to be hard to find anything.

Another thing:

Even if you find it, you must be very careful to keep it. If you utilize the pipe you'll get the provider's attention and if you're doing anything fishy you'll get the boot soon enough. People are no fools, trust me.

It's one thing to download a torrent or three for your own use, without significant seeding, absolutely another to host a seedbox for example. Also, it's one thing to use the VPS for small private VPN, completely another to use it as a tor exit node.

I'm just talking figuratively, to put things in perspective, not that you should do any of the above mentioned.

You won't find any provider that allows such practices, but as long as you are good tenant that doesn't bother the rest, nobody will bother you, it's common sense.

And, you don't need to make many threads regarding the same thing within minutes.

• @randvegeta said:

@DearTanker said:

Okay, this is a lot better than 200Mbit gauranteed for <$30 /month.

For USA West coast, this might be doable for for your budget, but the bandwidth part is where the cost is at.

Basically you're looking at an average of 35Mbit, which shouldn't be so expensive in USA. But for decent China bandwidth, it won't be that cheap.

Since you PMd me, I can tell you that in HK, you would be at a minimum of $350 /month for this service, and probably more for most providers with decent CN connectivity. But USA should be a lot cheaper.

Actually, Linode Fremont is good enough for me, but if i want 20T bandwidth, that i need to buy 10x 2GB Node with $100/month. and that means i have 9 Nodes runing for nothing... it is very polluted environment :)

• @Clouvider said:
    Are you physically in China? I can send you some test files so you can see if our connectivity works for you.

Yes. That will be very helpful. Thank you.

• @Janevski said:

@DearTanker said:

@subhojitdutta said:

А dedicated 100/100Mbps port is ~33TB up + ~33TB down~=66TB total so you require like 1/3 of a dedicated 100/100 port, or a dedicated ~33/33Mbps port.

Most shared port users use like up to 100GB or so monthly, some of them couple of ten gigs, and some a couple of hundred gigs.

Plus a route preference, i think it's going to be hard to find anything.

Another thing:

Even if you find it, you must be very careful to keep it. If you utilize the pipe you'll get the provider's attention and if you're doing anything fishy you'll get the boot soon enough. People are no fools, trust me.

It's one thing to download a torrent or three for your own use, without significant seeding, absolutely another to host a seedbox for example. Also, it's one thing to use the VPS for small private VPN, completely another to use it as a tor exit node.

I'm just talking figuratively, to put things in perspective, not that you should do any of the above mentioned.

You won't find any provider that allows such practices, but as long as you are good tenant that doesn't bother the rest, nobody will bother you, it's common sense.

And, you don't need to make many threads regarding the same thing within minutes.

Thank you very much for those notices.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

if you can take Dallas, TX into consideration, we can do something for you

• williewillie Member

What about OVH Singapore, a nice dedi with unlimited 100 mbps for $109 a month:

https://www.ovh.com/world/dedicated-servers/enterprise/1801sp91.xml

• @willie said:
    What about OVH Singapore, a nice dedi with unlimited 100 mbps for $109 a month:

https://www.ovh.com/world/dedicated-servers/enterprise/1801sp91.xml

Thank you, With out bandwidth, OVH's specs is beyond my require. will consider it in the future.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Bump