Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net pile of crap
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net pile of crap

Hi,

I ordered a server from online.net and I got it straight away, however there was something up with the hard drive so couldn't install an OS on it. 7 Days pass and they still didn't fix it so I cancelled and purchased with another Provider. They wont give me a refund at all I would stay away.

Also I want to know how some of there dedicated servers are just for French customers. I assumed they couldn't do that with EU customers with the single market and all that or am I wrong?

Thanks

Comments

• i love online.net.

have 4 servers with them, never had a problem.

• Never had any major issues with online.net myself, surprised that they never solved the issue considering support normally responds in ~10 mins for me

I will say, support can be difficult as their english is very limited..

• I've had no problems with online.net either, I got a Dedibox Ent last month. Support is great and responds within a few minutes usually, and their English isn't bad either.

• Yeah mine too, got an issue for the long time waiting support but it was handled about max 48 hours after i open ticket. maybe the time different i can said. i got 2 dedicated with them. but i never got a problem with the installation just maybe now i dunno how to set off the raid on the hdd

• I have 18 Servers with them at current, absolutely love them... by all means if it's one of those 10 euro deals you can give it to me and i will deal with them..

• Is their bandwidth really unlimited? the 9.99 Euro says 200mbps

• Short answer. Yes.
    And check out
    Http://www.buydedi.com/IMG_1091.JPG

Thanked by 2jcaleb iSky
  • Tempting to buy

• Only thing they don't have any more of the 10euro ones in stock. :/
    I'm hoping to see more of them tomorrow or something.

• The 10euro server has a Nano U2250, supposedly it has VT, anyone tried if it actually worked like creating VM's in proxmox?

• @earl said:
    The 10euro server has a Nano U2250, supposedly it has VT, anyone tried if it actually worked like creating VM's in proxmox?

I haven't tried it but a U2250 has a CPU passmark of 377 compared to an Atom N2800's passmark of 653 so the VM's would have very low CPU power.

• earlearl Member
    edited October 2013

@DomainBop said:
    I haven't tried it but a U2250 has a CPU passmark of 377 compared to an Atom N2800's passmark of 653 so the VM's would have very low CPU power.

yeah it would probably be useless.. but be interesting to try and install windows on it.

• why would anyone use u2250 or atom to run vm's? wouldnt this be just a headache?

• earlearl Member
    edited October 2013

@whosting said:
    why would anyone use u2250 or atom to run vm's? wouldnt this be just a headache?

not at All.. I have proxmox running on OVH n2800 and it works great. I just use it for testing so I can create multiple CT and try out different control panels etc... of course I don't have more than one or two CT running at the same time, think that would be too much for the little atom.

unfortunately the atom does not have VT so not possible to create VMs like KVM just CT's

• i hope online.net get some stock quickly for their 10 euros dedis, i need one...

• Do you have to pay setup fee for it?

• @Rami said:
    Do you have to pay setup fee for it?

No

• One downside i hate about online.net is the way it treats its foreign customers, all customers should be equal and therefore get equal specs. Dropped from a 500gb to 160gb hard drive just because you don't live in 'france' is stupid.

• French people are not that open minded I think. Oles at OVH tweets important information in english only, that limited specs for foreigners at online.net and there are no english descriptions in the museum louvre.

Also, this is the only country where people call a computer "un ordinateur". Really, just forget about them, the french are weird :D

• Wow. I just went through approving all my details only to find out that I am not even ALLOWED to purchase a 10Euro dedi. Waste of time.

• yeah it was an old offer @CastleServers i got it 2 months ago, now i still using it, but i get one more from them. The dedibox 2 gen for 30 Euros

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited October 2013

What are the specs of the dedibox 2 gen? Do you have a link?

edit: Nevermind, found it - http://www.online.net/fr/serveur-dedie/dedibox-classic

• PandoGulfPandoGulf Veteran
    edited October 2013

@rds100 http://www.online.net/fr/serveur-dedie/dedibox-classic
    it's always out of stock specially for non french customers

• If you want order the "dedibox 2 gen", pay attention in the beginning of a month. It takes 2 days for them to sell it out this month.