Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The return of Photobucket
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The return of Photobucket

Good news for many and nice to see those "Please upgrade your account to enable 3rd party hosting" images gone and the original images restored.

Photobucket drops pricing that angered millions (and new CEO hopes to unbreak the internet)

https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/news/2018/05/17/photobucket-drops-pricing-that-angered-millions.html

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Photobucket still a thing? There are so many better options.

• @MikeA said:
    Photobucket still a thing? There are so many better options.

IMO, not anymore but there are untold images hosted there for years and years. One of the hobbyist forums I visit had 1000's of broken images of which some were many years old. Nice to see those images restored and I have snagged more then a few in case this now fixed fiasco gets repeated in the future.

• corbpiecorbpie Member

I hope whoever was involved in breaking those images knows that they bucked up and everyone hates them.

• imgur better

Thanked by 2tvpotti TommyC
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Too little too late. I ditched them so many years ago.

• $15/year and you have your own image server. Haven't used Photobucket in a while.

• I've checked their prices and I'm like 'meh'.

• NomadNomad Member

Yeah, like I can trust them ever again.

What happens when another CEO comes and claims $20/y is nowhere near the amount required to run the ship.

I was using it because I had some images there since 2005 and moving would've been cumbersome.

Thanks to them, I moved out some of them when they made it a necessity.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • AidanAidan Member

Yeah, like I can trust them ever again.

I was just about to comment this.