Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CycloneServers posts fake website reviews
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CycloneServers posts fake website reviews

WaldoWWaldoW Member
edited May 2018 in Reviews

Ayo! How's everyone doing?

Just dropping by to leave a review on Cyclone Servers! I started with them on April 24th, 2017,(Yes, I'm very technical) with a KVM - 4GB with a +12GB of Ram hosted in Seattle for a Minecraft Server I was running. I got to admit, at first I was very doubting of them as I had seen better deals elsewhere, but decided to give them a shot and to my surprise they were AMAZING! (I ended up grabbing two more servers in the span from then to now! KVM - 4GB hosted in L.A and then another 4GB hosted in Seattle with 3 extra IPs!)

The Support Team and the CEO from the company were there to help me out with any issues I might of encountered! They were very respondent to every single question, concern, doubt, and issue I had! (The CEO even went the extra mile to install plugins and setup my Minecraft Server which is something they DID NOT even have to do!)

Overall, their uptime is 11/10, Never had an issue with downtime in my servers! (Even when I was running them at max, not once did a server of mine go down or crash!)

I highly reccomend anyone in using their services as they are on top of everything and are always constantly working on better improvements for all their clients! They might be a little bit more pricey than some of the other top dog companies, but it's all worth it at the end!

p.s: I'm definitely going to be posting more fake reviews.

CycloneServers is a scam.
CycloneServers shills for themselves on the internet and posts fake reviews.

-Waldo^-^

Comments

• limitedlimited Member
    edited May 2018

"Just dropping by to leave a review on Cyclone Servers"

"Cyclone Servers: Support Operator-Tech"

LOOOOL

EDIT: You though you could remove it, didn't you?

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Hmm. You signed up over a year ago, logged in for the first time today..and post this. Can you please prove you have a cyclone servers product?

Thanked by 2zafouhar corbpie
  • classyclassy Member

WaldoW said: I got to admit, at first I was very

Do legitimate reviews ever start with this phrase anyway?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2018

At least he tried, 1 Year old account, with 0 posts does not make it look legit.

• RizRiz Member

Does this warrant a review of a provider tag...? Skurting the rules and decepting members should not be encouraged by any means.

• corbpiecorbpie Member

Lowendshill

• As an actual Cyclone Servers customer who has been impressed with the professionalism and service provided, this is kind of a shock... Hopefully someone can make sense of this but I doubt they will.

Thanked by 1corbpie
  • Sofia_KSofia_K Member

How much does a hosting company pay to write paid-review? any guess?
    :P

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

What if, someone creates an account that looks like shilling (fake signature etc) to hurt other company's reputation?

Thanked by 1pike
  • WaldoW said: How's everyone doing?

I'm fine.

• @FAT32 said:
    What if, someone creates an account that looks like shilling (fake signature etc) to hurt other company's reputation?

Woah, thats deep

• @FAT32 said:

It is weird a year old account was used to do this.. Is the IP the same as the CycloneServers account I wonder.

• @FAT32 said:

You mean like this? http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1337926

lol

Thanked by 1Riz
  • teamaccteamacc Member

@doghouch said:

@FAT32 said:

lol

Nice catch, look at the whois history at the bottom of this page: https://domainbigdata.com/drjeremyproductions.com

Then compare it to the timeline in the thread, definitely a fake review there.

And given that Chris replied within a minute of the original post being posted there with quite a lengthy reply, he must've known about it, at least back then.

• brycebryce Member

Worst hoster ever. Migrated all VPSs from one location to another with IP change and bad networking without notifying all of their customers. Now paying people for fake reviews?

• @teamacc said:

@doghouch said:

@FAT32 said:

lol

Nice catch, look at the whois history at the bottom of this page: https://domainbigdata.com/drjeremyproductions.com

Then compare it to the timeline in the thread, definitely a fake review there.

And given that Chris replied within a minute of the original post being posted there with quite a lengthy reply, he must've known about it, at least back then.

This review is much likely Real how dare you guys accuse me of what I think of the company what kind of Forum is this? Are you guys telling me what I wrote was all Lies?

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • corbpiecorbpie Member

@FAT32 said:

If you know the owner of the host than this certainly wasnt the case.

• hzrhzr Member

FAT32 said: What if, someone creates an account that looks like shilling (fake signature etc) to hurt other company's reputation?

the reputation of this company is already lower than shit.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited May 2018

@teamacc He didn’t even try.

• “The Support Team and the CEO from the company were there to help me out with any issues I might of encountered”
    • “Cyclone Servers: Support Operator-Tech” in his sig

(IMHO I think the ban is justified.)

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • TomTom Member
    edited May 2018

https://cycloneservers.net/ban-announcement/ was posted in their discord.

edit: Looks like their site is now down? Luckily I took an archive: https://archive.fo/vHKiB

Thanked by 3Wolveix Sofia_K Advin
  • drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Tom said: edit: Looks like their site is now down? Luckily I took an archive: https://archive.fo/vHKiB

This reminds me of old times and press releases from GVH

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2018

Tom said: https://cycloneservers.net/ban-announcement/ was posted in their discord.

edit: Looks like their site is now down? Luckily I took an archive: https://archive.fo/vHKiB

the thing is, I woke up, saw the ban appeal ticket and thought, 'yeah ok I will look in to that'

Then I saw this and see that they are pretty much shitting on the good character of all the volunteer LET staff, myself included and before even waiting for a reply to the ticket and just thought... nope, your just a bad fit, good bye.

So we wont be seeing them here any time soon.

• edited May 2018

drserver said: This reminds me of old times and press releases from GVH

For Immediate Release - Signed GVH

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited May 2018

Now their website is geo-blocked for UK?

Your country has been blocked from accessing our services.

I did have an account, luckily there was no paid services.

• teamaccteamacc Member

@Hoost said:

Yeah, they seem to be over-reacting to everything for a bit. This includes blocking the UK as a source, as both @hawc and @anthonysmith are from the UK.

I suppose they're blocking some legit customers as well. Lets see this backfire too, as everything they've done after the creation of this thread has.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • @teamacc said:

@Hoost said:

Yeah, they seem to be over-reacting to everything for a bit. This includes blocking the UK as a source, as both @hawc and @anthonysmith are from the UK.

I suppose they're blocking some legit customers as well. Lets see this backfire too, as everything they've done after the creation of this thread has.

he is trying to block all european customers because of GDPR.

• @maldovia said:

@teamacc said:

@Hoost said:

he is trying to block all european customers because of GDPR.

Why? He could’ve used https://gdpr-shield.io lol

• MultiStarsMultiStars Member
    edited May 2018

I'm surprised of the bad impression that many people are having against cycloneserver. I am having 2 active VPS with them, they are cheap ($17/year), but the stability one one VPS is superb, far better than some reputable providers in LET. The other VPS is not good, but not very bad though. One of my VPS was suspended because the IP was blacklisted, but I told them the entire IP range was blacklisted and I was not the culprit. They replied the ticket and unspended my VPS within about 2-3 minutes, which is actually an impressive customer service. (Of course about less than a week later they successfully requested for blacklist removal of their IP range).

This is just my story about this provider. As an existing customer, I'm actually not caring about ther fake reviews, whether it is true or not, but I'm happy with the stability of their service.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Good luck enjoying this stability if you can’t even browse their website, lol.

• MultiStarsMultiStars Member
    edited May 2018

I can open their website from my location at this time