Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost 250GB SSD Cached HDD, UNMETERED 300MBPS BW, 4GB RAM = $5/m - OCTOBER SALE!! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost 250GB SSD Cached HDD, UNMETERED 300MBPS BW, 4GB RAM = $5/m - OCTOBER SALE!!

Comments

• uhm, a bit racist?

• @ravenchad said:
    uhm, a bit racist?

This isn't at all a race situation here. The ability to speak effective English does not belong to one single race, everyone has the ability to learn and speak English no matter what country one lives in as it's such a widely spoken language We prefer for our clients to be able to effectively communicate in the English language because when it comes time for them to need support (if they do need it), it's really difficult to understand what the client is trying to say and often times we have to ask the client to clarify their statement several times and most of the time we ultimately have to ask the client in all due respects to use a translator. It's frustrating for both the clients and us and it's not something that we wish to go through.

• any updates on what happened

• @whosting said:
    any updates on what happened

A forkbomb was ran on the node which caused the short downtime. The issue has been resolved long past.

For more information on what a fork bomb is .. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fork_bomb

• RE: English, you could use a little work on it as this is the 2nd instance where you've lacked, errr... social skills ;o)

I worry about the setup of the server if someone is able to create a fork bomb and bring down the whole node. Ever heard of ulimit?

Thanked by 1DomainBop
  • DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited October 2013

@GreenValueHost said:
    This isn't at all a race situation here. The ability to speak effective English does not belong to one single race

I agree. However in this case, what your prospective customer was talking about was quite clear to any native English speaker (or someone who has learnt English as a foreign language too), unless you were willfully turning your nose up. Your response therefore comes across as arrogant and rude.

If you want to restrict your service to customers fluent in English, maybe you should include a statement to that effect in the offer listing and Terms of Service too. LET is a community which caters to citizens of all nations, from Sweden to Japan, Russia to India. There's no need to be offensive towards somebody who can't write in syntactically perfect English, but can make his meaning coherent in the foreign language.

Thanked by 1HostNun
  • jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited October 2013

@joelgm said:
    If you want to restrict your service to customers fluent in English, maybe you should include a statement to that effect in the offer listing and Terms of Service too. LET is a community which caters to citizens of all nations, from Sweden to Japan, Russia to India. There's no need to be offensive towards somebody who can't write in syntactically perfect English, but can make his meaning coherent in the foreign language.

I'm a native English speaker living in the US and I had absolutely no clue what he was asking. I'm not asking for everyone to be able to speak fluent English, just sufficient English and I do not mean it in an offensive way at all.

• In VirtualMin CP showing ZERO RAM " ERROR in control Panel not ready for work.
    After Ticket submit they reply "we are not responsible for 3rd party script"
    But with same config. my another VPS runs smoothly.

• Resisting to buy, a very very nice offer though.

• what is the disk setup ?

• might be some problem with actual RAM allocation. Because my one other VPS showing 2GB RAM in Company Control Panel but in VirtualMin it is showing 356MB for that when i Submit ticket they reply we are using balloon for RAM

• 250 GB

• They are ballooning ????? wow. That's how the nice offer comes.

• E3 can only do 32GB or is it more?

• @jcaleb said:
    E3 can only do 32GB or is it more?

32GB Maximum

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited October 2013

We're not balooning memory.

@Hitendra - May I see a screenshot of where you claim that we said that please?

• what disk setup are you using ??

• Dear GreenValueHost Where i have written that you are ballooning, After submit ticket also your staff reply that. this is 3rd party script we are not responsible for that. tell me one thing same script & os work on other VPS & showing NO Error on that VPS. but why it is not working on your VPS. Just think any reply logically.

• vetvettervetvetter Member
    edited October 2013

@GreenValueHost said:
    We're not balooning memory.

I have purchased 2 of these VPS’s and I have to say so far so good. I realize that for the price these are going to probably be oversold.
    I have a few questions that I would like answered and I think might help a few others out as well. I am by no means trying to cause any trouble, just would like to understand what I am working with and paying for.

1 - What is the situation with the CPU frequency? My CPU frequency when doing quick benchmarks seems to go all over the place.(VPS #1 – 800mhz-3400mhz. VPS #2 – 400mhz-1700mhz)

I saw another LET customer post benchmark results from their server, and it seemed like Jonathan quickly corrected something in the config to bring the CPU freq up to 3400mhz on his next test. This correction was done on my VPS #1 by Jonathan, however it still seems to flux all over the place. When asked about it for VPS #2 Jonathan stated that he could raise it, but then I would be in violation of TOS?

Here is what a 400mhz test looks like :(

root@test2:~# wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 v3 @ 3.40GHz Number of cores : 4 CPU frequency : 400.000 MHz Total amount of ram : 4096 MB Total amount of swap : 0 MB System uptime : 19 min, Download speed from CacheFly: 100MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 50.2MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 94.3MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 3.72MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, NL: 8.22MB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 8.11MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 4.92MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 7.98MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 30.4MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 33.5MB/s I/O speed : 123 MB/s

2 - What is the situation with the Memory? Is their ballooning being done or not? It is no secret that an E3 series processors are only capable of handling 32gb of ram. From what it is showing in the control panel I can see I am allotted my 3gb with burst up to 4gb.

I am confused over the math of having 3gb dedicated to each of my 2 VPS’s. The reason why I am confused is because I was told by Jonathan in a ticket that they only have 1 Texas node.(Was seeing if VPS #2 could be put on a different node) My understanding of a node is 1 server. With an e3 in it = 32gb ram max.

I was also told by Jonathan that I was 20 or so VPS’s late for the extra IP on VPS #2.(ordered that one later) With that many VPS’s sold and only 1 node in Texas you can see my confusion on the ram situation.

I can provide screen shots on anything if needed. Again I am not trying to cause any trouble, just trying to make sure my VPS is running correctly and knowing what I have to work with on my purchases.

• @albertdb said:
    Is streaming allowed?

i read screaming? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

:P

• itgodsitgods Member
    edited October 2013

@vetvetter

cat /proc/cpuinfo

processor       : 0
    vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
    cpu family      : 6
    model           : 60
    model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 v3 @ 3.40GHz
    stepping        : 3
    cpu MHz         : **3400.000**

processor       : 1
    cpu MHz         : **2000.000**

processor       : 2
    cpu MHz         : **1000.000**

processor       : 3
    cpu MHz         : **800.000**

Yep, I've same thing on my vps.

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited October 2013

@Hitendra - I've issued you a refund and terminated your VPS. More information is included in your email. Constructive complaints are tolerated, welcomed and appreciated however defamation and false accusations is not tolerated here at GreenValueHost, sorry. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

@itgods as well as everyone else that has ordered a plan - I've just adjusted the CPU frequencies of everyone's virtual server on our TX1 node. Please check the cpuinfo specifications now and you will see that 3400Mhz is available for each of the 4 cores. Please keep in mind though that we have a 10% use policy as outlined in our Terms of Service.

• Ok No issue..

• @GreenValueHost - does the CPU frequency is dynamic? it appears each time when I run the "cat /proc/cpuinfo", the frequency of each cpu core are not the same, the frequency is change between 800 to 3400.

thanks

• @hotsnow said:
    GreenValueHost - does the CPU frequency is dynamic? it appears each time when I run the "cat /proc/cpuinfo", the frequency of each cpu core are not the same, the frequency is change between 800 to 3400.

thanks

Possible. It's still the same on my VPS. From 800 to 3400.

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited October 2013

in addition, the os template of "debian 7 64-bit" in the solusvm seems have some issue, if select this template to reinstall vps, the vps will can't boot, always keeping offline...

• Mine CPU frequency only 400.000 MHz

./bench.sh CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 v3 @ 3.40GHz Number of cores : 4 CPU frequency : 400.000 MHz Total amount of ram : 4096 MB Total amount of swap : 0 MB System uptime : 6:54, Download speed from CacheFly: 102MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 13.0MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 93.1MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 8.80MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, NL: 9.93MB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 9.58MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 6.03MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 24.3MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 28.9MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 34.9MB/s I/O speed : 151 MB/s

@GreenValueHost said:

itgods as well as everyone else that has ordered a plan - I've just adjusted the CPU frequencies of everyone's virtual server on our TX1 node. Please check the cpuinfo specifications now and you will see that 3400Mhz is available for each of the 4 cores. Please keep in mind though that we have a 10% use policy as outlined in our Terms of Service.

• LET is not our helpdesk. If you are experiencing an issue, please submit a ticket.

• It may not be your helpdesk but the purpose of these threads is to provide some transparency about the companies offering services, surely. Otherwise it could just be a notice board for offers.

• I really do not like to bash providers but how hard is it to run ntp date pool.ntp.org on the node?