Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UK VPS Provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UK VPS Provider

hexukhexuk Member
edited May 2018 in General

So I'm looking for an affordable KVM VPS reseller provider or something like Hetzner's Cloud Servers but in the UK. I'm looking to expand more into the hosting realm. I have around 12 VPS's (ranging from 20GB SSD to 500GB SSD) on SolusVM but have recently ran into some limitations (e.g. upgrading disk space is a big hassle for my customers like there's no simple reboot and it appears on cPanel/WHM). I'm looking for an extremely reputable provider with a sexy looking hosting panel (with some nice graphs) that I can resell the VPS's of and one that isn't going to go into liquidation anytime soon.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• emghemgh Member

Are you reselling the whole VPS? Or cPanel packages? I'd be suprised if providers allows you to resell the whole vps since they can do anything and you wouln't take responsibility.

• hexukhexuk Member

@Jack said:
    We’ll happily assist with disk increases and we do plan to move from solus in the near future to a in house sexy control panel.

Appreciate the offer. How long has your company been around for? Also, do you offer larger packages than the ones on your homepage? How long will it be until your control panel has been created etc please?

• hexukhexuk Member

@emgh said:
    Are you reselling the whole VPS? Or cPanel packages? I'd be suprised if providers allows you to resell the whole vps since they can do anything and you wouln't take responsibility.

Whole VPS, I believe cyber host pro offers something similar.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

DigitalOcean and Vultr both have locations in/near London. They also have solid API that you could build something around.

• hexukhexuk Member

@perennate said:
    DigitalOcean and Vultr both have locations in/near London. They also have solid API that you could build something around.

Both are so much more expensive than Hetzner though :/ Is anything even near?

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2018

hexuk said: Both are so much more expensive than Hetzner though :/ Is anything even near?

I don't think anything good is near.

Have you thought about using the block storage for the 500 GB instances? DigitalOcean/Vultr both have SSD block storage that could make those instances reasonably priced ($50/mo for 500 GB, then pay VM cost on top of that). It is not local SSD but speed at least on DO is decent.

• hexukhexuk Member

@perennate said:

hexuk said: Both are so much more expensive than Hetzner though :/ Is anything even near?

I don't think anything good is near.

Have you thought about using the block storage for the 500 GB instances? DigitalOcean/Vultr both have SSD block storage that could make those instances reasonably priced ($50/mo for 500 GB, then pay VM cost on top of that). It is not local SSD but speed at least on DO is decent.

Just concerned about the different partitions as if we were to move servers in the future it could cause problems. Is Hetzner just the only suitable option for best-priced servers for performance? Only issue is that it is Europe based instead of UK :( Are there literally no other providers with a sexy control panel like theirs but based in the UK.

• quadhostquadhost Member
    edited May 2018

hexuk said: SolusVM but have recently ran into some limitations

Is Virtualizor/OnApp any better/worse in terms of features/UI for what you need? This may expand your potential options some more, rather than needing a custom panel.

It would also allow you to use the respective WHMCS module(s) for reselling if that is also something that may be of use.

• realbusinessrealbusiness Member
    edited May 2018

I used to like Vultr but now just go with Linode, costs less, more options, such as block storage coming to London Q2 2018. And now coming with better CPU etc.

Vultr is always OOS for London, block storage is NJ only, costs more than Linode, etc etc

• hexukhexuk Member

@quadhost said:

hexuk said: SolusVM but have recently ran into some limitations

Is Virtualizor/OnApp any better/worse in terms of features/UI for what you need? This may expand your potential options some more, rather than needing a custom panel.

It would also allow you to use the respective WHMCS module(s) for reselling if that is also something that may be of use.

Always thought OnApp was extremely expensive - do you know any pricing on that please? Went with Virtualizor previously and one of the VPS's turned off randomly. The support was completely crap very unhelpful.