Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a VPS hosted in mainland China
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a VPS hosted in mainland China

noak12noak12 Member

I am looking to rent a virtual server behind the Chinese firewall. I don't need to run any web hosting. I just need RDP access to run some testing from inside China.

Comments

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

I've been looking for the same thing :)

• Hello,

What specs and what is the budget? We have a test dedi in there, but most of our stuff is in Singapore for China.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

OneVPScom said: What specs and what is the budget?

I suspect most people are looking for a simple VPS to just test connectivity with services/servers outside of CN.

I'd pay around $20 /month for a Low End VPS, with very little monthly data transfer if the speed was burstable to 100M +.

I'd pay a lot more for proper dedi with proper bandwidth.

• zrj766zrj766 Member

I can help you purchase AlibabaCloud's VPS, which is very reliable in China and has multiple data centers on the coast.
    The price is 19 dollars a month, 30Mbps bandwidth and 1TB traffic.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Without ICP license ?

• ICP license only required for web hosting. @op is not interested in hosting.

@Clouvider said:

Without ICP license ?

• noak12noak12 Member

I can help you purchase AlibabaCloud's VPS, which is very reliable in China and has multiple data centers on the coast. The price is 19 dollars a month, 30Mbps bandwidth and 1TB traffic.

I looked at AliBaba but they only have Hong Kong (not inside mainland china). To get a server inside you have to go through the approval processes with an ICP.

Are you saying you can host a server for me inside mainland chin with AlibabaCloud?

• zrj766zrj766 Member
    edited May 2018

@noak12 said:

I can help you purchase AlibabaCloud's VPS, which is very reliable in China and has multiple data centers on the coast. The price is 19 dollars a month, 30Mbps bandwidth and 1TB traffic.

I looked at AliBaba but they only have Hong Kong (not inside mainland china). To get a server inside you have to go through the approval processes with an ICP.

Are you saying you can host a server for me inside mainland chin with AlibabaCloud?

Alibaba Cloud provides servers in mainland China. ICP approvals are only for website visits. If you only use them as monitoring nodes or test programs, these processes are not required.

I'm sorry. At the moment I understand that AlibabaCloud does not accept server hosting.

If you want to host a server, it is recommended that you cooperate with other Chinese companies.Other Chinese host operators or telecom operators.

• hzrhzr Member
    edited May 2018

noak12 said: I looked at AliBaba but they only have Hong Kong (not inside mainland china). To get a server inside you have to go through the approval processes with an ICP.

You can get one yourself from alibaba cloud without ICP. You just need to update two passport/ID for real name verificaiton and affirm you will not host unharmonious things. Web is not allowed without ICP but you can ssh to it etc.

• noak12noak12 Member

You can get one yourself from alibaba cloud without ICP. You just need to update two passport/ID for real name verificaiton and affirm you will not host unharmonious things. Web is not allowed without ICP but you can ssh to it etc.

Thank you! I will try this and this may be the best solution.

• @noak12 said:
    I am looking to rent a virtual server behind the Chinese firewall. I don't need to run any web hosting. I just need RDP access to run some testing from inside China.

>
    >
    >

what specs of server you want? I am able to do that.Thanks

• Chaos99Chaos99 Member

To purchase vps from Hong Kong Mainland via Aliyun International, only $10+, 200mbps (traffic can purchase traffic packets)There is not much difference between Hong Kong and mainland servers

• qtwrkqtwrk Member
    edited May 2018

@Chaos99 said:
    To purchase vps from Hong Kong Mainland via Aliyun International, only $10+, 200mbps (traffic can purchase traffic packets)There is not much difference between Hong Kong and mainland servers

You can still get 200 mbps for 10-ish usd?

• liujialiujia Member

Sir,

Maybe Aliyun sell mainland China produce from Aliyun: https://www.aliyun.com (Chinese language).