Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS/Dedicated server in indian location
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS/Dedicated server in indian location

Hello i am looking to host gaming server in india location anyone here can provide me vps/dedicated server for the same?

Comments

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

I don't think any host in India knowingly hosts game servers.

• Only if your budget is above Rs. 30000. That's the bare minimum for some sort of DDoS Mitigation in India. Most of the data centres will scoff you away and those who will accept you will charge exorbitant fees for either bandwidth overage when DDoS occurs or will charge an upfront monthly fee for the measures which is very fair.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Also do you want to host game servers or buy game hosting from a host?

• TejasTejas Member

I need to host gaming server in vps hosting

• varunchopravarunchopra Member
    edited May 2018

DO is your best bet. ~5ms from blr.

• endritendrit Member

Go either with DO or AlibabaCloud

• Yup digitalocean is your best bet. They have servers in Bangalore so that should suit you

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

None of the Indian providers I know are ok with gaming.

• aryanaryan Member
    edited June 2019

@endrit said: Go either with DO or AlibabaCloud

You, likely , do not know AlibabaCloud with their spam in the user dashboard at their site and by email, no completed tech documents, useless support, no guaranteed speed.

DO - who are they? there are about 100 DCs in India.

@subhojitdutta : Only if your budget is above Rs. 30000. That's the bare minimum for some sort of DDoS Mitigation in India. Most of the data centres will scoff you away and those who will accept you will charge exorbitant fees for either bandwidth overage when DDoS occurs or will charge an upfront monthly fee for the measures which is very fair.

Close to true, even worth:
    Indian cloud server 2CPU 4RAM ~40SSD, speed unpredicted, but can be requested from 200Mbts per port, start from ~4300 Rs / 50USD month. [ I saw 3 similar ofers during last days]. The DC poviders limit upload till 50-100GB / month, charge for additional Gb.
    Usual wi-fi speeds: 15- 30bits in public internet points / similar 4G in Indian homes.
    DOS consequences are at the risk of the cloud user only in India.

Thanked by 1subhojitdutta
  • AC_FanAC_Fan Member

@aryan said:

@endrit said: Go either with DO or AlibabaCloud

You, likely , do not know AlibabaCloud with their spam in the user dashboard at their site and by email, no completed tech documents, useless support, no guaranteed speed.

Nobody provides guaranteed speed on VPS.

Doesn't know who DigitalOcean is.

@subhojitdutta : Only if your budget is above Rs. 30000. That's the bare minimum for some sort of DDoS Mitigation in India. Most of the data centres will scoff you away and those who will accept you will charge exorbitant fees for either bandwidth overage when DDoS occurs or will charge an upfront monthly fee for the measures which is very fair.

Close to true, even worth:
    Indian cloud server 2CPU 4RAM ~40SSD, speed unpredicted, but can be requested from 200Mbts per port, start from ~4300 Rs / 50USD month. [ I saw 3 similar ofers during last days]. The DC poviders limit upload till 50-100GB / month, charge for additional Gb.

Once again, check DigitalOcean and AWS LightSail.

Usual wi-fi speeds: 15- 30bits in public internet points / similar 4G in Indian homes.
    DOS consequences are at the risk of the cloud user only in India.

Perhaps @leapswitch provides DDoS mitigation in their Pune DC

• High twitch multi-player gaming is an expensive hobby in India.

Ovh Singapore would be fine if it's a medium twitch game like RTS

• aryanaryan Member
    edited June 2019

@AC_Fan : Nobody provides guaranteed speed on VPS.

You lie / are not comptent in IT, if you deny term "guaranteed speed" for VPS hosting.
    Chinese anonymous alibaba cloud is far from the etalon of the IT service and use spam.

@AC_Fan replies on question "DO - who are they? there are about 100 DCs in India": Doesn't know who DigitalOcean is.

Otherwise, you @AC_Fan submitted deception: digitalocean.com site is not your "DO".
    Digitalocean.com guarantee zero VPS connection speed in Bangalore DC, contrary to their offer.

@vimalware: Ovh Singapore would be fine if it's a medium twitch game like RTS

As all (100%) Indian DC provide

• fraud in all VPS offers
    • bots in chat and over the phone, instead of engineers
    • spam agaisnt user after entry of the personal data
    • illegal personal data procesing
    • arbitrary deletion of advertised conditions (prise, tech data) in few next steps,
    • arbitrary charge and anonyous charge of each credit card,
    • lack of IT competence, before and after payment // never reply to user on subject matter
    • zero engineering assistance after payment,
    • no refund following lack of the service

I consider Singapore location insted of India DC, for the Indian customers.

French ovh.com has zero engineering service (no answers on simple tech dta) for their Singapoor DC location.

VPS :
    1-2 core 2+ Ghz, RAM 1-2 Gb, SSD 20+, guaranteed connection speed ~95 + Mbts per port. Trial 3 days prior to payment for prove of match of VPS service.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@aryan Don't expect premium service if you only can pay peanut. And stop necro old threads and complain. It doesn't and will not help you find one such service either.

Thanked by 2doghouch Tumbleguy1
  • AC_FanAC_Fan Member

@aryan You are a real piece of work. Finis.

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

If Singapore is acceptable we can provide you some decent plans.

• AC_Fan said: Once again, check DigitalOcean and AWS LightSail.

I ran along with Anush aG, one of the largest Game Hosting Service in the world (by volume, obviously, in case you missed, we are a huge population) from 2013-2015, and I say this from personal experience. You could not trust DO and other VPS Providers in India for gaming at that time. We had our own hardware colocated in a nearby DC and had to come up with our own DDoS Mitigation Solution with TATA Communications and a modern tunneling system to route genuine packets. The biggest threat we faced was DDoS and we on and average had 22-24 servers in our rack with an average cost of 26k+ INR. Therefore I had originally drawn from that idea and written the piece. However I am not sure about the DDoS Mitigation abilities of DO with respect to Game Hosting Now and how adept are they at mitigating DDoS Now. However it is my general opinion they wouldn't be very good at it either because DDoS comes in many shapes and forms and securing a server with respect to gaming is very different to that of a web hosting. They have different protocols, different application level processes, very different ports at play, different network configurations to adhere to (Ping is paramount in Gaming), therefore unless something like OVH Game DDoS protection is available in India, I would suggest to not go ahead with any provider, as the mounting burden of Bandwidth fees may eventually get to you or may put you in depression and if you just dont care about the monetary fees involved, Go ahead like I did and eventally made a business out of it.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited July 2019

Wonder what was the outcome. Did that one poster find a provider with all the bells and whistles?

I am working with someone whose demand and attitude reminded me of this thread. Maybe a resolution here will solve my situation too.

• GaleejGaleej Member

I would suggest to go for Singapore or similar closer location. I am also from India and there are no good providers here. I choose Singapore or Oslo/Sweden for most of my VPS purchases unless unbearable offers in the US.

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • aryan said: You, likely , do not know AlibabaCloud with their spam in the user dashboard at their site and by email, no completed tech documents, useless support, no guaranteed speed.

Not 100 at all but DO has good coverage in india!

** alibabacloud system is crap. Support is crap and rude. IMHO.

• edfoxedfox Member

I found this the other day: https://www.hostsect.net/

I don't know if it is reliable, though.

@vyas11 said:
    Wonder what was the outcome. Did that one poster find a provider with all the bells and whistles?

I am working with someone whose demand and attitude reminded me of this thread. Maybe a resolution here will solve my situation too.

You mean @aryan ?

Nah, he has a stick high up in his ass and he fails to understand most of the technical jargon (even English words) when it comes to VPS.

Any decent provider will avoid such pain in the ass.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited July 2019

Yes that's the one. On a different Indian-VPS -provider-bashing thread he had actually said something positive about one provider. That made me wonder if all that competitor bashing was a part of their free seo goodies + backlink strategy from LET...Again, no conclusion to that discussion either.