Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a VPS in Singapore!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a VPS in Singapore!

EdmondEdmond Member
edited May 2018 in Requests

Hello LET people!!!

I need a VPS in Singapore to use as a VPN to access a gameserver that can only be accessed from Singapore, Malaysia, and the Philippines. Would be more happy if it wasn't OVH SGP as the routing is shit but if it's cheaper, I can live with it as I figured out Colocrossing (from Virmach) actually has good ping to them so I'll just chain two VPN connections together...

VZ Type: Any - the cheaper the better

Number of Cores: 1
RAM: 128MB (preferred if it also came with swap if the container is a OVZ or LXC and I can't adjust it myself)
Disk Space: 3GB
Disk Type: Any

Bandwidth: 50GB  (I'm not using a lot anyway)
Port Speed: 100mbps  (can work with less also)

Budget: Below $15/yr - Probably tight for Asia bandwidth, but I heard the LET providers here can get crafty right?...

No DDoS protection. dedicated IP, or any other sort of perks are needed. I need the bare minimal just to run a VPN server anyway. However dedicated IP are a bonus if you do include one!

Thanks everyone! Lets see what the providers can come up with here...

Thanked by 1zhsso

Comments

• wwabbitwwabbit Member

Low End Spirit would have been ideal, but they have closed the SG hosts.
    Otherwise the only place I know offering good cheap VPS is HostUs, but that's $25/yr.
    https://my.hostus.us/cart.php?a=add&pid=183

• EdmondEdmond Member
    edited May 2018

@wwabbit said:
    Low End Spirit would have been ideal, but they have closed the SG hosts.
    Otherwise the only place I know offering good cheap VPS is HostUs, but that's $25/yr.
    https://my.hostus.us/cart.php?a=add&pid=183

Ya... I looked at LES and couldn't find their SG location.. :(

I am aware of the HostUS deal but was hoping I could get less for less.

• williewillie Member
    edited May 2018

Vultr or DO Singapore $5/month but available hourly, so if you don't use it all the time, you can just spin it up when you need it?

• EdmondEdmond Member
    edited May 2018

@willie said:
    Vultr or DO Singapore $5/month but available hourly, so if you don't use it all the time, you can just spin it up when you need it?

Hmm... Vultr isn't bad actually but I'll have to check if they'll offer IPs in Singapore, that's my main issue. Not showing good performance to Digital Ocean however bandwidth used is bad (using Telstra over IPv4 and HE over IPv6) and can only manage ~6mbps to them. Would've been nice if it was like Vultr (using NTT) so I could claim student credits from Github and get it free...