Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone here using Divi for WP? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone here using Divi for WP?

2»

Comments

• level6level6 Member

@Ympker said:

@bikegremlin said:

@michaels said:
    I'm in the elementor camp here. I only started using a builder about a year ago. I looked at divi, elementor and beaver. I came to the conclusion it was personal taste. One of the things I really liked about Elementor is if you stop using it, the code left behind is cleaner than some of the others.

@ZiriusPH Most of the page builders have put out a statement about what Gutenberg means for them, in the main though it is still business as usual for them.

That's been my impression as well - Elementor being "the least bad" of the lot.
    Not sure how Divi plays with Gutenberg - and future planned WP changes - my understanding is it will need some re-working (unless that has already been done).

I'd assume most Page Builders will need a rework due to Gutenberg. While Gutenberg is a great improvement to vanilla wp I don't like it's Workflow from what I've seen yet. Maybee too used to Divi :S But I can see where you're coming from :)

The block editor / Gutenberg is an alternative to theme builders. Use one or the other. Gutenberg is steadily improving, but not there yet.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@level6 said:

@Ympker said:

@bikegremlin said:

@michaels said:
    I'm in the elementor camp here. I only started using a builder about a year ago. I looked at divi, elementor and beaver. I came to the conclusion it was personal taste. One of the things I really liked about Elementor is if you stop using it, the code left behind is cleaner than some of the others.

@ZiriusPH Most of the page builders have put out a statement about what Gutenberg means for them, in the main though it is still business as usual for them.

That's been my impression as well - Elementor being "the least bad" of the lot.
    Not sure how Divi plays with Gutenberg - and future planned WP changes - my understanding is it will need some re-working (unless that has already been done).

I'd assume most Page Builders will need a rework due to Gutenberg. While Gutenberg is a great improvement to vanilla wp I don't like it's Workflow from what I've seen yet. Maybee too used to Divi :S But I can see where you're coming from :)

The block editor / Gutenberg is an alternative to theme builders. Use one or the other. Gutenberg is steadily improving, but not there yet.

That's why I said Gutenberg - as of now - will not replace Divi for me :)

Thanked by 1level6
  • Has anyone tried https://oxygenbuilder.com/ ?
    Their code seems cleaner than elementor.

Thanked by 1level6
  • level6level6 Member
    edited July 2019

@hiphiphip0 said:
    Has anyone tried https://oxygenbuilder.com/ ?
    Their code seems cleaner than elementor.

There's not a free version.