Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Storage dedicated server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Storage dedicated server

Hello!

I'd be in need of a dedicated with about those specs:

RAM - at least 4GB

HDD - >8TB (don't need HW RAID)

Not in the US

CPU is not too important as long as it's not awfully bad

Thanks!

Comments

• You might want to check out OVH's backup server line, 8gb ram and 8tb of space for €50.99/month ovh.ie/dedicated_servers/

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

@chauffer said:
    Hello!

I'd be in need of a dedicated with about those specs:

RAM - at least 4GB

HDD - >8TB (don't need HW RAID)

Not in the US

CPU is not too important as long as it's not awfully bad

Thanks!

if you are a non-EU resident and still looking for a NON-US dedi with those, and also you agree to not host any illegal stuff, you may PM me

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@skybucks100 said:
    You might want to check out OVH's backup server line, 8gb ram and 8tb of space for €50.99/month ovh.ie/dedicated_servers/

Will they disable raid on request? Would rather 2x 4tb alone than in raid0/1 for a backup server.

• @jarland said:
    Will they disable raid on request? Would rather 2x 4tb alone than in raid0/1 for a backup server.

Never actually tried them, but I can't see why not.

• texteditortexteditor Member
    edited October 2013

@jarland said:

You can reinstall your OS anytime through their control panel, they let you choose between raid or first disk.

I set my FS-8T up with:

10G raid1 root

2G raid0 swap

and the rest raid /home

but their control panel supports doing jbod or whatever other config

• I have never used a default setup configuration on any of the ~7 OVH boxes I've had, their automated install system is highly configurable

• here @jarland, a picture is worth a thousand words:

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Ah cool. I'm used to online.net where you have to request raid removal.

• I know about OVH, I was looking for something different.

• So what's your budget for this and what are your other requirements? What will you use the server for?

• @rds100 sorry, thought I mentioned that, €50, torrents.

• MrXMrX Member
    edited October 2013

Then you are probably not going to find anything better (in terms of GB/€) than OVH's storage servers, unless Online.net or Ikoula has something new. They are also notoriously lenient with filesharing.

Although, I see now that you can get a server with 4 x 2 TB from LeaseWeb for 55 EUR.
    http://www.leaseweb.com/en/dedicated-servers/single-processor-servers/configurator/7380

Or 2 x 3 TB for 49 EUR.
    http://www.leaseweb.com/en/dedicated-servers/specials-and-promotions/configurator/7294

• If it's for torrents I'd just stick with leaseweb or OVH, partially because their networks are great but also because you'll have a ton of peers in your own rack :P

• @MrX leaseweb has just 100Mbit while OVH has 1Gbit, though, good offer nonetheless, but I guess OVH's 8TB is winning

• texteditortexteditor Member
    edited October 2013