Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for technical blog authors
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for technical blog authors

BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

Hello Folks,

I'm looking for people who can provide me good articles for our blog, can be tutorials, best practices anything related to the industry. We'll give you credits with link backs to your Social Media accounts as well looking for native English speakers.

It should be SEO worthy as well though it's a secondary priority.

Coming back to a question what kind of blog platform can you guys suggest, I really love the community section DO maintains would love something identical. I could sit down and write one down my self but want to get opinions before I decide to invest time.

Willing to pay $10~ish per blog, hope it's reasonable. I'm willing to take offers for non-credit full rights content as well. Looking forward to this.

Comments

• MrKevinMrKevin Member

www.hilinux.cn
    Like this?

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2018

@MrKevin said:
    www.hilinux.cn
    Like this?

Kinda in chienes, not able to makeout where the translation button is.

• crpatelcrpatel Member

Google translate, maybe

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2018

I already tried this many times, You can't find any tech writer at $10 per post. I was got one article writer but found that he was using article spinning. (Copied from other blog/site and spin article then add same images. Not even try to use new images. Direct link to image. lol ;)

Thanked by 2FlamesRunner BharatB

@DewlanceVPS said:
    I already tried this many times, You can't find any tech writer at $10 per post. I was got one article writer but found that he was using article spinning. (Copied from other blog/site and spin article then add same images. Not even try to use new images. Direct link to image. lol ;)

Not everyone gives credits, we're doing it. The price is not fixed to $10 it can increase based on the content actually.

• williewillie Member

BharatB said: The price is not fixed to $10 it can increase based on the content actually.

If you mean increase by 10x or more then ok sure, but otherwise the $ per hour sounds awfully low for a post that contains any real work.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Not sure even $100 will cut it for real original articles. If you go by hourly rate, it will cost more than that.

Thanked by 1BharatB
  • williewillie Member
    edited May 2018

I figure a toss-off blog post is quicker to write than a real article. It's true that a quality post takes a lot of time and $100 is still too low, depending on the work involved.

Thanked by 1BharatB
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Well, I could just write up an article that's full of "The end is nigh. Therefore, we must .. blah blah" for 10 bucks.

I can shit out a lot of crap outta my ass for an article.

Thanked by 1BharatB
  • williewillie Member

The end is nigh!!! Paypal or BTC only please.

Thanked by 1deank
  • dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited May 2018

@BharatB said:

Willing to pay $10~ish per blog, hope it's reasonable. I'm willing to take offers for non-credit full rights content as well.

This is way way below the reasonable charges, unless, you are willing to compromise on the quality of the content.

• williewillie Member

dev_vps said: compromise on the quality of the content.

I think that's code for "run a lot of sploggy cut/paste posts".

• AuroraZAuroraZ Barred

Last time I got involved in something even close to this it was 20 cents a word. The minimum word count was over 1000. That was standard at the time and did not guarantee the quality of the articles.

Of course this was 10+ years ago also.

Thanked by 1willie
  • WilliamWilliam Member

DO/Linode pay me 100$+, 10$ for like 1000 words is not realistic even for another Indian ;)

Stealing content is btw also criminal in India, reference or not...

• williewillie Member
    edited May 2018

Generally because of the spotty nature of freelance work, I try to get around 2x the $/hour that I would get from a fulltime job collecting a 40 hour steady weekly check not having to juggle projects and gigs around. I think that is normal. People trying to hire freelancers often seem to expect it the other way around.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • If I can write it in 15 minutes I'd consider it.

• edited May 2018

What's the industry? And really, even if I can write it in 15 minutes...it's still low $.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Modern slavery, wonderful.

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited May 2018

@Neoon

Slaves of slaves maybe, $10 is less than 2/3 of the minimum wage per hour where I live. You could literally make more at a McDonalds.

• AuroraZAuroraZ Barred

@FlamesRunner said:
    @Neoon

Slaves of slaves maybe, $10 is less 2/3 of the minimum wage per hour where I live. You could literally make more at a McDonalds.

Not to mention free food.

Thanked by 1FlamesRunner
  • bbuckmbbuckm Member

A quality tutorial is 8-16 hours’ work. Multiply by $25 — which is well below market rates for a real technical writer — and you have $200 to $400 per tutorial.

• subjugatingsubjugating Banned, Member

Contact me. I am willing for work provided that I am paid by UPI. Also what is the word limit? I am into software freedom, encryption, Internet rights, tls security, VPNs etc.

thank you for input I just wanted to know the ideal costs :) ofc I knew it was near to impossible to get anything done in $10. @teamacc you may close this thread.

• teamaccteamacc Member

I'll close this, but it seems like a good thread to reference in future "I want cheap writing done" threads.

Thanked by 2willie Junkless
This discussion has been closed.