Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Plex with Google Drive VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Plex with Google Drive VPS

Hello, I am looking for a VPS that I would be able to use my Gsuite Storage and be able to run plex off of i currently use a SoYouStart server that runs me around $40/month i want to cut my costs by a lot. I would need at least 1gbps up and down and most likely around 200GB of storage and to be able to transcode at least 3-4 1080p streams

Comments

• msg7086msg7086 Member

@MrPunchy said:
    transcode at least 3-4 1080p streams

I think you should keep your dedi.

• @msg7086 said:

@MrPunchy said:
    transcode at least 3-4 1080p streams

I think you should keep your dedi.

well I am most likely going to move over to heztner if i can not get anything cheaper and better for $27/month because I can get around the same performance for $27/month

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@MrPunchy said:

well I am most likely going to move over to heztner if i can not get anything cheaper and better for $27/month because I can get around the same performance for $27/month

Go with a Hetzner i7/E3, you won't find a VPS that can handle 3-4 1080p transcodes for less. That's a lot of CPU power.

• msg7086msg7086 Member
    edited May 2018

i7-4770 / 3770 at Hetzner is definitely a good choice for this use case.

EDIT: If their networking works great for you.

• vishvish Member

Yah that 3770 from Hetzner is pretty solid for transcoding, like 5-6 streams. Really bad peering to the US unfortunately. Not sure if you could improve it with the nginx / cloudflare proxy

• @vish said:
    Yah that 3770 from Hetzner is pretty solid for transcoding, like 5-6 streams. Really bad peering to the US unfortunately. Not sure if you could improve it with the nginx / cloudflare proxy

i was able to improve it a bit with cloudflare