Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS 4 CPU Cores 4 GB RAM for live streaming
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS 4 CPU Cores 4 GB RAM for live streaming

NidalNidal Member

Hello,

I'm looking for 4 VPS with a total of 2Gbps bandwidth. Preferably in multiple locations in Europe.

Budget: $80

Thank you!

Comments

• unmetered? if so, good luck finding that unicorn.

• NidalNidal Member

@mosan7763 said:
    unmetered? if so, good luck finding that unicorn.

Of course not, 20TB.

• scaleway is solution for you

Thanked by 1Nidal
  • NidalNidal Member

@jazz1611 said:
    scaleway is solution for you

Thank you. I'll check them out.

• For Germany checkout hetzner or netcup. Both have 1gbps tho you sometimes get more with hetzner. If you go with hetzner you have 20tb/m and with netcup vps 40tb/m if you go for a rs you can even use 80tb/m.

Thanked by 1Nidal
  • NidalNidal Member

@blackjack4494 said:
    For Germany checkout hetzner or netcup. Both have 1gbps tho you sometimes get more with hetzner. If you go with hetzner you have 20tb/m and with netcup vps 40tb/m if you go for a rs you can even use 80tb/m.

Do you have any idea about their guaranteed speed?

• williewillie Member
    edited May 2018

Nidal said: guaranteed

Lol, this is LET. There are no guarantees of anything. Hetzner within EU is pretty good though.

Thanked by 1Nidal
  • NidalNidal Member

@willie said:

Nidal said: guaranteed

Lol, this is LET. There are no guarantees of anything. Hetzner within EU is pretty good though.

I meant, average, minimum etc.

• williewillie Member
    edited May 2018

Nidal said: I meant, average, minimum etc.

All you can really do is spin up some instances and run some tests. It's nice that the Hetzner cloud vps have 10gbps ports though you don't get nearly that much speed in practice. Hetzner in general has good speed to EU and lousy to US. No idea about Netcup and not dissing them in any way. I've just been using Hetzner for a long time so I have some experience with them, while I've never tried Netcup. Some of Netcup's offers do sound nice though.

Thanked by 1Nidal
  • NidalNidal Member

@willie said:

Nidal said: I meant, average, minimum etc.

All you can really do is spin up some instances and run some tests. It's nice that the Hetzner cloud vps have 10gbps ports though you don't get nearly that much speed in practice. Hetzner in general has good speed to EU and lousy to US. No idea about Netcup and not dissing them in any way. I've just been using Hetzner for a long time so I have some experience with them, while I've never tried Netcup. Some of Netcup's offers do sound nice though.

Thank you for the information! I'm looking for let's say 4-5 VPS in NL, DE & UK with a total speed of 2Gbps. I intend to use Ubuntu 16.04 with nginx & rtmp. 4vCPU cores with 4GB of RAM would be enough.

• williewillie Member

@AnthonySmith and @Clouvider are the most active UK hosts around here unless I'm forgetting someone. Both are very solid. I believe AnthonySmith may also have stuff in NL. If not, try LiteServer. Stuff in UK seems to be more expensive than DE or NL though I don't watch that closely.

• HaendlerITHaendlerIT Member, Host Rep

You can take a look at our VPS offers.

I thought the best choise for you is our 6,99€ offer: https://gt-host.de/index.php?page=item_addons&id=90

If you like we can also offer dedicated Server with 2 x 1 GBit/s or more.
    10 GBit/s is also possible but not realy cheap.

Thanked by 1Nidal
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Why do you need 4 VPS? You can use 2 and use CDN like BunnyCDN.

Thanked by 1Nidal
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

If you’re happy to take a dedicated server and cut it into VMs yourself I’m sure we could help here :-).

Thanked by 1Nidal
  • niknik Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2018

@WebProject said:

This would be way more expensive.

We can offer you VMs in Frankfurt with:

2 vCPU Cores
    4 GB RAM
    80 GB SSD
    5 TB @ 1 Gbps
    20 EUR / month

Thanked by 1Nidal
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@nik said:

@WebProject said:

This would be way more expensive.

We can offer you VMs in Frankfurt with:

2 vCPU Cores
    4 GB RAM
    80 GB SSD
    5 TB @ 1 Gbps
    20 EUR / month

I think you will find better for streaming as content will be faster accessible.

Thanked by 1Nidal
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member

I guess you are looking for 4 vps to different locations and/or providers, to split streaming, or I am wrong?
    If this is the case, as lot of fellow members already wrote, I would suggest Hetzner and netcup in Germany (I am really impressed with the speed of hetzner cloud), scaleway in France (you can spin multiple small vps and make your own pseudo-cdn for dividing load and resources) and Clouvider network in UK (use Inception Hosting for the vps, he is using IIRC Clouvider's facility). Using them, your budget will stay bellow 80€

Thanked by 1Nidal
  • @Nidal said:

@blackjack4494 said:
    For Germany checkout hetzner or netcup. Both have 1gbps tho you sometimes get more with hetzner. If you go with hetzner you have 20tb/m and with netcup vps 40tb/m if you go for a rs you can even use 80tb/m.

Do you have any idea about their guaranteed speed?

within EU mostly 800-1000mbps sometimes even more. In a few cases I even hit 2gbps+ from hetzner server to another hoster (can't remember which one). You may want to consider other cloud hoster like DO, vultr, devcapsule etc. Since you can spin up vps as you need and just pay for those hours if you need them e.g. in prime time. I would generally suggest you get 1-2 locations first and try how it performs and then increase alongside with your needs. otherwise as some already mentioned you can try cdn.

Generally speaking in most cases you will need less servers at first. Just scale as you go and do not overdo it in first place.

Thanked by 1Nidal
  • NidalNidal Member

Thank you all for your help!