Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ipv6 vpn
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ipv6 vpn

vavyvavy Member

Please recommend european vpn service providers who offer ipv6 over l2tp.

Comments

• freerangecloudfreerangecloud Member, Patron Provider

It's not L2TP but Hurricane Electric will give you up to a /48 with their tunnel broker service and they have quite a few locations in Europe

• YmpkerYmpker Member

Perfect Privacy has it

• 1Conan1Conan Member

You could also setup one on a VPS.
    I used Softether to have an ipv6 connection while still using my native connection for ipv4.
    (Yeah, my ISP uses CGNAT and doesnt have ipv6 so I resorted to that)

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Why do people want IPv6 only VPN? What's on IPv6 internet that isn't on IPv4 internet?

The state of IPv6 is pretty sad. in HK, our primary upstream (HGC) will not route IPv6 traffic over the same lines we run IPv4 on. Worse still, IPv6 traffic is more expensive! It's completely insane.

Our DDoS protection is also only for IPv4. For whatever reason DDG does not support IPv6 (yet).

So basically we only have IPv6 via HE.net. But I imagine we are not the only ones who face such limitations. So it doesn't bode well for the near term future of IPv6 IMO.

• donlidonli Member
    edited May 2018

@randvegeta said:
    Why do people want IPv6 only VPN? What's on IPv6 internet that isn't on IPv4 internet?

The state of IPv6 is pretty sad.

The IPv6 adoption curve is disheartening :
    https://www.google.com/intl/en/ipv6/statistics.html

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@randvegeta said:
    The state of IPv6 is pretty sad. in HK, our primary upstream (HGC) will not route IPv6 traffic over the same lines we run IPv4 on. Worse still, IPv6 traffic is more expensive! It's completely insane.

So basically we only have IPv6 via HE.net. But I imagine we are not the only ones who face such limitations. So it doesn't bode well for the near term future of IPv6 IMO.

In Europe, presumably in the States as well, you get IPv6 dual stacked on every Tier 1 transit and IX, so presumably the situation is limited to some regions only. There’s naturally no extra cost for V6.

Thanked by 1FHR
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Clouvider said: There’s naturally no extra cost for V6.

We do not connect with Tier 1 carriers in LT, and most of upstreams do not really support IPv6.... well they do but they have some odd issues...

Not really digging IPv6 TBH.