Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking Dedicated server with Quad Xeon E7-4870 in US
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking Dedicated server with Quad Xeon E7-4870 in US

Who has this offer?

Quad Xeon E7-4870+
256G+ RAM
1T SSD
1Gbps unmetered

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I think you will need to contact hosts directly for this sort of setup, its not something that companies just have available, you are probably looking at a minimum of $400 p/month up to $600 p/month

• subhojitduttasubhojitdutta Member
    edited May 2018

I think heymman servers had something like this in Chicago

• Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider

Hello,
    We may be able to help you out with your request if you are able to sign a 1 year agreement.

Thanked by 1feezioxiii
  • FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

WholesaleInternet has something similar. E7-4860, 256GB RAM, 6x 2TB SAS, 100TB @ 10Gbps.

Are you sure you need a quad-CPU setup? It might be better to use multiple cheaper servers and split the load, if your app supports this.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@AnthonySmith said:
    I think you will need to contact hosts directly for this sort of setup, its not something that companies just have available, you are probably looking at a minimum of $400 p/month up to $600 p/month

Don't tell him the reality. I bet -0.1 cent that he was looking for it at 30/mo.

Thanked by 2willie dedotatedwam
  • It'd be a beast. Anyway, pricing for beasts are always huge. You can save money by load balancing between multiple cheaper ones.

• You can get this from Softlayer 700-800€/monthly if you negotiate with their sales team for pricing and possible setup fees.

• williewillie Member

deank said: Don't tell him the reality. I bet -0.1 cent that he was looking for it at 30/mo.

Reminds me of the person who showed up a year or so ago looking in all earnestness for a /8 IPv4 block, iirc for some kind of SEO scheme. Nope.

• hyperexperthyperexpert Member, Host Rep

We can offer 2 servers with dual E5-2670 -128GB RAM and 512SSD each. Let me know if that will work for you.

• AntKalaAntKala Member

Hey I rented two of these from heymann, I had two servers with 512gb and 40 cores. I'm currently in the process of canceling them. You are looking to pay around $300.

They are out of stock atm, but probably when I cancel my 2 from them they will be on stock and you need to be quick to grab them.

Flagging.

• williewillie Member
    edited May 2018

CPU: Intel D-1520

Warned for semi-spamming. That's not remotely comparable to the OP request.

• spammyspammy Member

@willie said:

CPU: Intel D-1520

Warned for semi-spamming. That's not remotely comparable to the OP request.

No provider tag as well? Thought that would be a ban?

Yeah, ban the fog.

• williewillie Member

spammy said: No provider tag as well? Thought that would be a ban?

Provider tag is required to open new offer threads. You can respond to requests in existing threads without the tag. Not with completely irrelevant offers though.

Thanked by 1spammy
  • FoulFoul Member

You couldn't read the rules in 2016, and now you're back 2 years later.

• williewillie Member

I moved the offtopic post and warned the poster.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2018

For?

Is this some mining crap again? Buy a DL580 G7, buy the CPUs and you spent less than 1k $ on ebay.

These are old, inefficient, paid off servers cheaply available especially in EU.

They use CI PSUs and aside have 48 PCIe lanes per CPU (which is why i have one, mining profits are impossible at 130W per CPU).

Except for PCIe, RAS (cpu mirror) & extreme multitasking (where Intel has better products) these are very bad CPUs, clock never above 3 Ghz and 32nm chip at high TDP.