Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problem VESTACP Website 502 bad gateway
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Problem VESTACP Website 502 bad gateway

Hello everyone
I am having problems from 2 to 3 weeks ago with VESTACP, it happens that the problem happens that everything is fine on my website, but every 3 to 4 hours the 502 bad gateway warning appears, I currently Apache + proxy nginx, but this does not It happened before, now it is happening more frequent.

My load is 0.85 1.01 0.90.

I have not noticed anything strange in my loads of Load, but I do not understand what can happen that is causing. Can you help me investigate how I do to see the problem it causes? I'm weighing that it's from VESTACp, but at the same time I think it can be using + ngninx proxy

Comments

• @MrRob

I suspect php crashing but to really help you we/you need to checkout your logs.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2018

Probably php-fpm. Without logs, nobody knows.

Thanked by 1mohamed
  • MrRobMrRob Member

@MikeA said:
    Probably php-fpm. Without logs, nobody knows.

Thanks for comment, can you tell me how I can see if the php-fpm is the cause? in the putty console, what records do I have to add to show me?

@mohamed said:
    @MrRob

I suspect php crashing but to really help you we/you need to checkout your logs.

Thanks for comment, how do I get the log? What a command I add in the putty console.

@MrRob Check if it's running first of all, but I don't know what Vesta runs services as or where it stores logs, so you'd have to check online.

• mohamedmohamed Member
    edited May 2018

@MrRob

Here is your short guide:

1 Enable File Manager

nano  /usr/local/vesta/conf/vesta.conf

Add this option at EOF

KEY REDACTED

locked the file down

chattr +i /usr/local/vesta/conf/vesta.conf

and then you can login to vesta and checkout the file manager tab and go to /home/admin/web/yourdomain/logs

or just cd into /home/admin/web/yourdomain/logs

With Best Wishes.

• FalzoFalzo Member

flagged. this essentially isn't a solution to the problem but merely a guide on how to circumvent a licensing restriction. not cool...

the filemanager is not needed for viewing the logs, that's can be done out of the box directly per web-domain in the panel. if OP is unable to read logs in the console, he probably is better off hiring a sysadmin in the first place.

Thanked by 1mehargags
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@Falzo said:

flagged. this essentially isn't a solution to the problem but merely a guide on how to circumvent a licensing restriction. not cool...

the filemanager is not needed for viewing the logs, that's can be done out of the box directly per web-domain in the panel. if OP is unable to read logs in the console, he probably is better off hiring a sysadmin in the first place.

Thank you. User dealt with

• aRNoLDaRNoLD Member
    edited May 2018

@mohamed said:
    @MrRob

Here is your short guide:

1 Enable File Manager

nano  /usr/local/vesta/conf/vesta.conf

Add this option at EOF

KEY REDACTED

locked the file down

chattr +i /usr/local/vesta/conf/vesta.conf

and then you can login to vesta and checkout the file manager tab and go to /home/admin/web/yourdomain/logs

or just cd into /home/admin/web/yourdomain/logs

With Best Wishes.

This is the solution ? Guess is for cracking the plugin.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Check the logs. Bad gateway usually means Apache failed to restart for some reason. If you want, contact me and I can have a look at them for free.

• MrRobMrRob Member

@Radi said:
    Check the logs. Bad gateway usually means Apache failed to restart for some reason. If you want, contact me and I can have a look at them for free.

Hi guys, from what I see, it's nothing from my website, it's something that makes this problem happen on my server.

I'm studying and I check that this 502 notice happens every 4 hours. with accuracy 4 hours. yesterday for example, it happened at 1:36 pm, then it happened at 5:34 pm, then it happened at 9:36 pm

That's why something is failing.

Anything running on cron?

Thanked by 1Falzo