Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for low-cost Xen/KVM VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for low-cost Xen/KVM VPS

VallVall Member
edited April 2018 in Requests

Hello,

I need a VPS with the following minimal configuration:

• vCPUs/cores: 2
  • RAM: 4GB
  • HD: 200GB (no need for SSD)
  • Traffic: min 100Mbps, min 3TB/month
  • Virtualization: Xen, KVM ou VMWare (no OpenVZ nor equivalent);
  • Base hardware: ECC capable processor with ECC RAM, and redundant HD setup (RAID1 or RAID10);

I'm looking for the lowest possible cost; After an initial 1-month test period, I can pre-pay annualy if the discount is good enough.

PS: I'm currently a happy Contabo user, having one of their VPS-M VMs, but want to know whether I can get a better price and/or a better machine somewhere else:
https://contabo.com/?show=configurator&vserver_id=217

Thanks in advance,
-- Vall.

Comments

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

contabo always has good prices, and their Vps are quite acceptable.

but I think there are several here in the forum that can offer you a good price

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Lower than Contabo? Doubt it.

• If you're looking for something as cheap as Contabo it's probably not going to happen, you might be able to find better quality but you'll pay more for it. If you're happy where you are then you're probably best sticking with it.

What's your budget realistically for those sort of specs?

• VallVall Member

@WSCallum said:
    What's your budget realistically for those sort of specs?

My current focus is price. At Contabo, I get their VPS-M (Xen, 2 vCPUs, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD and unlimited traffic at 100Mbps) for EUR 70/yr; the ones on my initial post in this discussion are my minimal specs. I'm willing to pay up to USD 100/yr for a better configuration than I currently have at contabo, but I don't really need it.

I have been their customer for 2 years now, and after an initial shakedown period where I got very good support from them to fix a bandwidth issue, I have had absolutely no issues with them.

So if Contabo is currently the best cost/benefit offer for the above configuration, I will happily continue to be their customer...

Cheers,
    -- Vall.

• freerangecloudfreerangecloud Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2018

I could do the following in our Winnipeg (central Canada) location:

RAM: 4GB CPU: 2 vCore Disk: 500GB HDD Transfer: 6TB @ 100mbps Virtualization: KVM

$10/mo.

This would be a custom plan, I can provide an order link if desired.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2018

We have something like here i can pump 1 more Giga ram for small fee

http://letbox.com/page/storage

• VallVall Member
    edited May 2018

@key900 said:

Had a look, as the others have way more HDD than what I need, the more fitting seems to be the 250 model originally for USD 3.50, but adding 1 core, 3GB RAM and 1TB/mo traffic. Can you do that? For how much extra? Please feel free to PM me if you prefer.

Thanked by 1letbox
  • letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@Vall said:

@key900 said:

Had a look, as the others have way more HDD than what I need, the more fitting seems to be the 250 model originally for USD 3.50, but adding 1 core, 3GB RAM and 1TB/mo traffic. Can you do that? For how much extra? Please feel free to PM me if you prefer.

Ok let's check with PM

• edited May 2018

We have starting KVM plans at 4.59/monthly