Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SoYouStart Raid 0
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SoYouStart Raid 0

I have a E3-SAT-2-32 from SoYouStart and i was wondering if anyone knew how you could run it fully on Raid 0

Comments

• You gotta select advanced installation or whatever it's called and that will let you choose whether you want raid or not

• Please don't use RAID 0 & also maintain regular backups if your data is dear to you.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

They don't let you use RAID-0 completely, I think the boot partition is required to be RAID-1 at least. You would need to modify it after install or rent KVM.

• mkshmksh Member

I have no experience with SYS but as long as they give you a rescue system pretty much any configuration should be possible.

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited May 2018

@pahapoika said:
    You gotta select advanced installation or whatever it's called and that will let you choose whether you want raid or not

If my memory serves me right then I think it still forces you to use RAID 1 for the OS partition at least. In that case you might have to achieve your desired configuration by installing through KVM over IP which comes at additional cost with SYS servers. Or you can modify it manually after installation from SYS panel.

• @MikeA said:
    They don't let you use RAID-0 completely, I think the boot partition is required to be RAID-1 at least. You would need to modify it after install or rent KVM.

Iirc the linux boot thingy doesnt allow raid0 due to the module for raid not being loaded at that point. Need to load that from somewhere that's readable (like one of the disks in a raid1 array) :P

Thanked by 1MikeA