Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seeing sig when not logged in
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Seeing sig when not logged in

Hi,

I don't know if this was mentioned before, but I figured this website is showing some (vulnerable) sigs when you're not logged in. When I logged in, the sig in question was hidden. It should be hidden in my opinion, as the sig shows a link that will remove all your files because you 'mindlessly executed a script that you didn't check'. Can someone clarify? @AnthonySmith?

Of course I did not run this file, but I think there might be people that like to do so.

Thanks,
Dennis

Comments

• When people start randomly executing scripts they find online you have a bigger problem than the scripts being there.

• @teamacc said:
    When people start randomly executing scripts they find online you have a bigger problem than the scripts being there.

This script was promoted and concealed as a benchmark script. If that's ok to the moderators and admins, then for me it's totally fine. :)

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited April 2018

I believe you're referring to @FlamesRunner's sig and script. If you are, no it doesn't actually delete any of your files. What it does is give you a lesson to read scripts and code before blindly executing it as a root user.

Also not sure what you mean by sig is hidden. On mobile all signatures are hidden by default (with no way to change that afaia) but on desktop it's clearly visible whether logged in or not.

• @MasonR said:
    I believe you're referring to @FlamesRunner's sig and script. If you are, no it doesn't actually delete any of your files. What it does is give you a lesson to read scripts and code before blindly executing it as a root user.

Also not sure what you mean by sig is hidden. On mobile all signatures are hidden by default (with no way to change that afaia

Ok, so: first log out, then check the sigs. The sigs are there. If you log in, the sigs are gone. Is that a bug or by design?

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@DennisdeWit said:
    Ok, so: first log out, then check the sigs. The sigs are there. If you log in, the sigs are gone. Is that a bug or by design?

You probably have it set to hide signatures. Check your profile settings.

Thanked by 2Falzo Clouvider