Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Plex Server with Gsuite
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Plex Server with Gsuite

MrPunchyMrPunchy Member
edited April 2018 in General

I use the github script Cloudbox to run my plex server i currently use SoYouStart but i feel i am paying a bit much for my server i was curious if anyone has any servers that might run well with plex and have SSH access i need around 2TB of storage and a pretty good amount of bandwidth like 20TB per month my budget is around $10-$30/month

Comments

• For $10-$20 a month, you don't have many options at all. Maybe kimsufi? Or a delimiter special? (fair warning: they recently had extensive downtime, and there have been quite a few complaints about their customer service on here. YMMV) Delimiter have some servers for $20 / mo if you pay annually.

• @nonissue said:
    For $10-$20 a month, you don't have many options at all. Maybe kimsufi? Or a delimiter special? (fair warning: they recently had extensive downtime, and there have been quite a few complaints about their customer service on here. YMMV) Delimiter have some servers for $20 / mo if you pay annually.

i was looking at online.net possibly I live in the Pennsylvania so idk.... i've seen some servers not too terrible in price at wholesaleinternet also

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Kimsufi in Canada will work fine unless you need higher than 100Mbps port. 2TB HDD server is $16 or so I think.

• edited April 2018

Going to say WholesaleInternet or Nocix. I used their i7 for the longest time and it was a great Plex machine for the price. Had 100TB - "gigabit". Used around 10-12TB a month, no issue. Minus the downtimes they have had, it's not a bad deal for it for a media machine.

• @daxterfellowes said:
    Going to say WholesaleInternet or Nocix. I used their i7 for the longest time and it was a great Plex machine for the price. Had 100TB - "gigabit". Used around 10-12TB a month, no issue. Minus the downtimes they have had, it's not a bad deal for it for a media machine.

I was also looking at Hetzner Cloud and having a seed box to upload and just using a cloud solution

• Do you need to be able to transcode? How many users?

Hetzner cloud is a good option for your frontend if you don't transcode or don't have many users and then get their 2TB storage box or go with Google drive and use plexdrive.