Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

find a good network for china
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

find a good network for china

i want find kvm vps for my website thankyou
network good for china

Comments

• hzrhzr Member

get beian and host in china.

• what

• shellshell Member

hosthongkong.com by @randvegeta, maybe he can provide something

Thanked by 1randvegeta
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@Alexchina said:
    i want find kvm vps for my website thankyou
    network good for china

What are your requirements and budget?

• @hzr said:

Please correct me if wrong: don't you need a China government ICP registration to host anything inside China?

@dergelbe said:

@hzr said:

Please correct me if wrong: don't you need a China government ICP registration to host anything inside China?

Only websites. Not "anything".

• DwayneDwayne Member
    edited April 2018

@dergelbe said:

@hzr said:

>

That's what he means by "get beian". Just google "icp beian" and you'll see.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2018

It's damn hard to get great networking to China, unless you are willing to shell out big bucks for direct links to all three major ISPs (CM, CT/CN2, CU). If good networking is sufficient then these days Telia and GTT both do decently to AMS or L.A from my observations when I was in China last month.

Intra Asia was pretty crap though.

• qtwrkqtwrk Member

@SplitIce said:
    It's damn hard to get great networking to China, unless you are willing to shell out big bucks for direct links to all three major ISPs (CM, CT/CN2, CU). If good networking is sufficient then these days Telia and GTT both do decently to AMS or L.A from my observations when I was in China last month.

Intra Asia was pretty crap though.

Not "pretty crap" but "indeed crap"

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

Aliyun / AlibabaCloud, if it fits within your budget.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Where do you need the server to be? We route to China through NTT primarily and while not ideal it seems to keep our Customers from China happy. With that said, Customers looking for a server in the UK must take into account the inevitable latency due to the law of physics and some congestion/loss as usual with China Telecom.

• niknik Member, Host Rep

We are nowhere near China but we route chinese traffic through Marseille to keep the latency low. This way we achieve similar latency as providers in LA, but we obviously can't guarantee dedicated CN/2 bandwidth or similar. Happy to provide a test VM though.

• qtwrkqtwrk Member

@nik said:
    We are nowhere near China but we route chinese traffic through Marseille to keep the latency low. This way we achieve similar latency as providers in LA, but we obviously can't guarantee dedicated CN/2 bandwidth or similar. Happy to provide a test VM though.

Which location you are talking about?

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

@qtwrk said:

@nik said:

Which location you are talking about?

I would assume Frankfurt

It's pretty clear that what most people want is a VPS or Dedicated server that cost peanuts, but will use bandwidth that will cost significantly more. I don't know how much traffic cost in the US or UK for China telecom, but I'm pretty sure it's not cheap, and the best anyone can hope for is to be able to use an unfair share of China bandwidth. If you find good stuff on the cheap, it is likely that host will be popular with that crowd and eventually the network will become worse and worse as the service becomes unsustainable for that segment.

That depends on what sort of agreement transits have with CT/CU. It might be that they peer or that CT/CU pays them. I’m not privy to this kind of information though.

@Clouvider said:
    That depends on what sort of agreement transits have with CT/CU. It might be that they peer or that CT/CU pays them. I’m not privy to this kind of information though.

I don't believe CT/CU pay anyone. I could be wrong, but it would not surprise me at all if it were the case.

edited May 2018

CT and CU aren’t Tier 1 so they have to pay someone for Transit.