Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated server in Europe >25$
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated server in Europe >25$

v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider
edited April 2018 in Requests

Hi,

I'm currently looking for a dedicated server in Europe in the 20€/25$ price range.
Hetzner is out of the question, because the price with VAT is too high

The following specs would be great:

• 2 or 4 Cores
  • 4 or 8 GB RAM
  • 1 or 2 HDDs
  • 1 IPv4 + /64 IPv6

Comments

• VitaVita Member
    edited April 2018

https://www.kimsufi.com/en/servers.xml
    KS-3C might be around your budget, but no second hdd though. Price would be little bit more than 20€. Well there's also a setup fee currently.

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

Unfortunately Kimsufis IPv6 network is completely broken.
    Any other alternatives?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@v3ng said:
    Any other alternatives?

If you increase your budget..

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

@v3ng said:
    Any other alternatives?

How so? It's the same network as OVH, the same network I'm using for a lot of my projects right now and it's fine.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @FHR said:

@v3ng said:
    Any other alternatives?

How so? It's the same network as OVH, the same network I'm using for a lot of my projects right now and it's fine.

Broken = takes effort to make it work

Thanked by 1mikho

Does it have to be a dedicated servers? How about a VPS with dedicated cores, e.g. from NetCup?

@AuroraZ said:

@FHR said:

@v3ng said:
    Any other alternatives?

No..
    I had a OVH server for some years and their IPv6 network setup is just completely broken.
    Running VMs with just an IPv6 is extremely complicated since all traffic gets blocked because there is no vMAC for IPv6 and probably will never be.
    It worked some time with an ndppd proxy, but it stopped working and the OVH support has no idea what the problem could be.
    Many people have problems with OVH's IPv6 network, it's not just me

@FHR said:
    Does it have to be a dedicated servers? How about a VPS with dedicated cores, e.g. from NetCup?

I would need to run some light virtualization, so a small dedi would be better.

• What's your requirement on network traffic & burstable bandwidth?

100 Mbit is more than enough, traffic will probably be around 100GB

• spectraipspectraip Member, Patron Provider

At our datacenter location in Amsterdam, we can offer the following Dell dedicated server:

Xeon L5520 - 8 GB DDR3 - 120 GB SSD - 10 TB bandwidth @ 100Mbps - € 19.00 per month

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@v3ng said:

@AuroraZ said:

@FHR said:

@v3ng said:
    Any other alternatives?

No..
    I had a OVH server for some years and their IPv6 network setup is just completely broken.
    Running VMs with just an IPv6 is extremely complicated since all traffic gets blocked because there is no vMAC for IPv6 and probably will never be.
    It worked some time with an ndppd proxy, but it stopped working and the OVH support has no idea what the problem could be.

You don't need vMac to get IPv6 working in VMs on OVH. v6 network has been fine for me, and my clients, just a bit slower than v4.

But I agree... you should raise budget even if it's a small amount if you want something comparable. The spectraip offer is a great deal for the price.

edited April 2018

@MikeA said:

@v3ng said:

@AuroraZ said:

@FHR said:

@v3ng said:
    Any other alternatives?

No..

You don't need vMac to get IPv6 working in VMs on OVH. v6 network has been fine for me, and my clients, just a bit slower than v4.

But I agree... you should raise budget even if it's a small amount if you want something comparable. The spectraip offer is a great deal for the price.

I installed Virtualizor KVM on SoYouStart yesterday. v6 worked out of the box on virtual servers, no problems with MACs.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

v3ng said: because the price with VAT is too high

Are you based in Europe? Technically every company (unless they have tiny turnover) is required to collect VAT from you. Unless you find a re-seller from overseas, who needs not pay nor collect VAT.

The EU would have you believe that overseas companies are legally required to collect VAT on their behalf, but they have no juristiction outside of the EU, which makes me wonder how they can make such assertions.

https://quaderno.io/blog/what-you-must-know-about-vat-if-you-have-customers-in-europe/

No but seriously. I'm not sure why the VAT issue is even an issue since I don't see how any EU based provider can legally not charge you VAT. And German VAT rate is 19%, which is below the EU average.

• elliotcelliotc Member
    edited April 2018

>? <?

edit:> fail

Thanked by 1mksh
    edited April 2018

randvegeta said: Technically every company (unless they have tiny turnover) is required to collect VAT from you.

That's incorrect, every entity that does hosting is required to collect VAT from end users regardless of turnover.
    https://europa.eu/youreurope/business/vat-customs/moss-scheme/index_en.htm

@FHR said:

randvegeta said: Technically every company (unless they have tiny turnover) is required to collect VAT from you.

That's incorrect, every entity that does hosting is required to collect VAT from end users regardless of turnover.
    https://europa.eu/youreurope/business/vat-

customs/moss-scheme/index_en.htm

With exception of the residents of the country they are registered at if they are below the threshold.

@Clouvider said:

@FHR said:

https://europa.eu/youreurope/business/vat-

customs/moss-scheme/index_en.htm

With exception of the residents of the country they are registered at if they are below the threshold.

That's right, but it depends on the country and the way you have it setup. In Czechia there is a distinction between a "VAT Registered" entity and a "Person identified to VAT".

"VAT Registered" person has to fill in a lot more paperwork and start charging VAT for everything - but can deduct VAT. You have to be "VAT Registered" if your turnover is over ~40k€ per year.

A "person identified to VAT" cannot deduct VAT, but has much less paperwork to do. The VAT number is valid only for foreign sales, i.e. this person doesn't have to charge VAT to local residents. That's what I currently have in combination with MOSS.

Thanked by 1Clouvider

Yep, that’s how it works pretty much in every EU country under this or other names. I just generalised it in my post :-).

Thanked by 1FHR
  • IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2018

Hello,

@OP Our Green G3900 is in the range, there's only one thing to know :
    Server is delivered with 1 ipv4, ipv6 capable but not configured by default you have to build your /64 ipv6 from ipv4 given.

https://www.ikoula.com/en/dedicated-server#xeon

Edit : forget it i did not saw it was 20€/25$ i thought it was 20/25 €.

@spectraip said:
    At our datacenter location in Amsterdam, we can offer the following Dell dedicated server:

Xeon L5520 - 8 GB DDR3 - 120 GB SSD - 10 TB bandwidth @ 100Mbps - € 19.00 per month

Is an IPv6 subnet included and and what size is it?

• spectraipspectraip Member, Patron Provider

@v3ng said:

@spectraip said:

IPv6 /48 is included by default.

@spectraip said:

@v3ng said:

@spectraip said:

IPv6 /48 is included by default.

Thanks, i'll write you a PM