Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap yearly low end asia server [updated]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap yearly low end asia server [updated]

RalphFoxRalphFox Member
edited April 2018 in Requests

Edit: increased budget and lowered requirements.

Hello, I'm looking for this server configuration:

VZ Type: Any

Number of Cores: 1, 2 preferred

RAM: 512mb, 1gb preferred

Disk Space: 50gb, 100gb preferred

Disk Type: Any

Bandwidth: 1 TB, 2 TB preferred

Port Speed: 100mbps, 1000mbps preferred

DDoS Protection: No, Yes preferred

Number of IPs: 1 dedicated

Budget: 25$/yr

Billing period: Yearly, would pay tri-yearly for better resources or discount

Please also provide a IP for latency test, file hosted at your location for speed test, and possibly provide an speedtest-cli test

Thanked by 1zieru

Comments

• For that price I doubt that will happen

• too low for asia region

• /m*

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

No one can do 2TB of traffic and DDoS Protection in Asia for that kind of money. I'd be surprised if it could be done without overselling in USA/EU to be honest.

Thanked by 1RalphFox
  • Hmmm, thanks for the overview everyone. Maybe for 15/year or 20/year?

• @RalphFox said:
    Hmmm, thanks for the overview everyone. Maybe for 15/year or 20/year?

you'll need more budget especially with 100gb disk space, budget at least $24/y if you want from reliable provider.

i requested similar specs before with only 512mb/10gb disk and it cost me average around $15/y and also asia/oceania will hard to get.

Thanked by 1RalphFox
  • RalphFoxRalphFox Member
    edited April 2018

@warrior said:

@RalphFox said:
    Hmmm, thanks for the overview everyone. Maybe for 15/year or 20/year?

you'll need more budget especially with 100gb disk space, budget at least $24/y if you want from reliable provider.

i requested similar specs before with only 512mb/10gb disk and it cost me average around $15/y and also asia/oceania will hard to get.

Thanks! I've lowered the requirements and increased the budget;

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Wow, this is new. OP adjusted (increased) budget. It usually works downwards most of time.

edited April 2018

@deank said:

Wow, this is new. OP adjusted (increased) budget. It usually works downwards most of time.

Hahahah, I'm not thaaat "cheapo", I asked that budget because I've got this nice vps here:

-4GB RAM

-2 x vCores

-20GB Pure SSD

-2TB Bandwidth

-1Gbps Uplink

-1 x IPv4

-OpenVZ (SolusVM)

-Linux Only

-North America

-30 USD /trianually

so I thought I might get something similar, but seems not, ah well. I'm a bit newbie in the knowledge of costs in asia, and other posts weren't really what I needed or were really old.

• In terms of price Asia is much more expensive. And the price you mentioned is probably even on the lower end of US price.
    25/year is just barely the chepest price of Asian VPS. Iniz/Hostus special is at about this price and both are openvz. I'd say the closest one being OVH first-year price for its bandwidth and disk space.

Thanked by 1RalphFox
  • emghemgh Member

@layfon said:
    In terms of price Asia is much more expensive. And the price you mentioned is probably even on the lower end of US price.
    25/year is just barely the chepest price of Asian VPS. Iniz/Hostus special is at about this price and both are openvz. I'd say the closest one being OVH first-year price for its bandwidth and disk space.

I’ve had (and do have) a pleasant experience with openvz.io (iniz) though.

• @RalphFox said:
    @deank said:

Hahahah, I'm not thaaat "cheapo", I asked that budget because I've got this nice vps here:

-4GB RAM

-2 x vCores

-20GB Pure SSD

-2TB Bandwidth

-1Gbps Uplink

-1 x IPv4

-OpenVZ (SolusVM)

-Linux Only

-North America

-30 USD /trianually

so I thought I might get something similar, but seems not, ah well. I'm a bit newbie in the knowledge of costs in asia, and other posts weren't really what I needed or were really old.

HiFormance? They are surprisingly good. I need to submit a review few months later because I call them dealpool in their offer post

ridiculous price even in US.

• @emgh said:

Not to hijack this thread, but what's the practical difference between openvz.io and iniz.com? Any big gap between the two in terms of reliability and quality of service?

• emghemgh Member
    edited April 2018

@pullangcubo said:

@emgh said:

Not to hijack this thread, but what's the practical difference between openvz.io and iniz.com? Any big gap between the two in terms of reliability and quality of service?

No, worse support I guess. The reason that I use openvz.io is because they have their "extreme" plans in Stockholm. It's literally a high performance openvz server in Portlane, the same datacenter as Vikinglayer & Hosthatch as far as I know but so much cheaper.

Cheapest openvz.io: $11 (openvz)
    Cheapest Vikinglayer: $22 (openvz)
    Cheapest Hosthatch: $32 (openvz)

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
    edited April 2018

elliotc said: HiFormance? They are surprisingly good. I need to submit a review few months later because I call them dealpool in their offer post

ridiculous price even in US.

Yeah, Hiformance. =) I do hope that the server stay online for all three years. The vps seems very good as well, and the internet speed is really good as well.

I've gave up to temptation and got the ovh singapore offer for 30usd first year.. I hope that 1tb'll be enough, though..