Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chicagovps - Anyway to contact support besides support ticket?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Chicagovps - Anyway to contact support besides support ticket?

I have one of their yearly VPS and since August the VPS hasn't been working correctly. I use it as a test server and just saw that the VPS is down and won't boot. Has anyone else experience this with their OpenVZ containers?

I submitted a ticket a few hours ago but does anyone know of a quicker way to reach their support? Just finished scripting somethings and wanted to test it out.

Comments

• @jack sweet, hopefully they see the post! thanks :D

• I have a similar issue. I have 2 yearly ones and since August the 2nd one (the one I actively use, the 1st one I gave to a friend for free usage) has crashed a few times. Not a big deal at all. However, I set up a monitoring system to monitor both, and the first one has crashed at least 8 times in the course of 2 months.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2013

@Eobble he's just messing with you.
    @Jack stop using notification system in improper manner, please. It's not nice to highlight random people for amusement.

• @spirit oh -_- damn you @jack . My issues started arising around the same time as well @mawr

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited October 2013

It's not nice to highlight random people for amusement.

They changed their WHOIS to private after the latest hack so there really is no way of knowing who is a random person and who isn't...for all I know @Sonwebhost could have bought CVPS and there would be no way to know he wasn't a random person to be tagged. :)

VPS is down and won't boot. Has anyone else experience this with their OpenVZ containers?

Yes, which is one of the reasons I canceled all of my CVPS clunkers. They don't seem to monitor their nodes. Nodes would go down and they would be unaware of it until someone opened a ticket saying "node is down and unreachable" (and if the node went down at 2AM on a Saturday it would probably be 6-8 hours until someone woke up and looked at the tickets because they seem to have very limited staff on weekends).

• @DomainBop said:
    They don't seem to monitor their nodes.

Unmanaged²

Tbh, the best notification system, known to man, are customers. When one of my CVPS hosts goes down, and I can't boot it, I open a ticket asap. Sometimes it takes 12 hours to resolve, but that is not the norm.

-Jim P.