Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

vServer Provider from Germany - LET potential ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

vServer Provider from Germany - LET potential ?

PilotseyePilotseye Member
edited April 2018 in General

A few days ago I found this vServer Provider from Germany and thought that I should share it with this great community. From what I see the prices may have LET potential, but please correct me if I'm wrong - I'm sure some folks will be happy to :)

First thing that caught my eye - all vServers are offered with up to 5 IPs for free (delivered with 1 IP and up to 4 can be added afterwards)

• HDD vServers start at 3,90 € / month (1 core, 2 GB RAM, 50GB, 2GB swap)

• SSD vServers start at 6,90 € / month (1 core, 4 GB RAM, 25GB, 4GB swap)

• NVMe SSD vServers start at 12,90 € / month (2 cores, 8 GB RAM, 60GB, 8GB swap)

• Storage vServers start at 15,90 € / month (2 cores, 8 GB RAM, 1TB, 8GB swap)

All prices already include EU taxes.

No memory or disk space overcommitment.

Uplinks from 100MBit/s (free) to 1GBit/s (extra)

Link:
https://www.ip-projects.de/produkte/virtuelle-server/

Comments

• ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
    edited April 2018

also check netcup.de , better specs for better price.

KVM?

• muffinmuffin Member
    edited April 2018

@ZweiTiger said:

KVM?

Im Vergleich zu anderen Anbietern arbeiten wir bei der Virtualisierung unserer vServer ausschließlich mit Xen Server.

Which google translates to...

Compared to other providers, we only use Xen Server to virtualize our vServers.

Would have ordered straight away if it was KVM :(

• drivexdrivex Member
    edited April 2018

Yes, they use indeed XEN. What's the matter with this technology? Isn't it similar to KVM?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @ZweiTiger said:

KVM?

Netcup prices are only good if you pay for 12 months, unlike these offers.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited April 2018

@muffin said:

"In terms of terminology, the term HVM virtual machine is similar to the virtualization technology KVM."

At least its not PV.

• Dont remember what it was exactly but something (a few months ago) caused me to not order netcup products anymore despite their nice specs. IP-Projects has acctually quite the good reputation in Germany iirc. Similar to phpfriends

• 5 IPs for free. Good price

• digijdigij Member
    edited April 2018

@Pilotseye said:

@ZweiTiger said:

KVM?

Pay yearly? How does this get you good prices at Netcup?

New VPS offers with hourly billing (yes, 6 months prepaid indeed)...

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@Pilotseye said: A few days ago I found this vServer Provider from Germany and thought that I should share it with this great community. From what I see the prices may have LET potential, but please correct me if I'm wrong - I'm sure some folks will be happy to :)

I think that IP-Projects have been mentioned around here before, but it's always good to have a reminder, and you're right that they look attractive, especially the possibility of five IPs at no extra cost (though I wonder how this works in practice: how much justification, etc.).

• FalzoFalzo Member

@Neoon said:

@muffin said:

"In terms of terminology, the term HVM virtual machine is similar to the virtualization technology KVM."

At least its not PV.

while they clearly explain the difference between HVM and paravirtualization, I haven't found an exact statement that all their products really use HVM ;-)

that said, ip-projects is in the market for a long time. I haven't tried them yet and didn't even check on their pricing for a long time. seems they renovated their page and product lineup. doesn't look bad... it's hosted out of accelerated IT datacenter in Frankfurt if I am not mistaken.

seems not bad, probably time to give em try ;-)

Thanked by 2Ympker vimalware

@Falzo said: that said, ip-projects is in the market for a long time. I haven't tried them yet and didn't even check on their pricing for a long time. seems they renovated their page and product lineup. doesn't look bad... it's hosted out of accelerated IT datacenter in Frankfurt if I am not mistaken.

I also have the impression that they've improved their pricing since the last time that I looked (which was a while ago).

@Ympker said: Dont remember what it was exactly but something (a few months ago) caused me to not order netcup products anymore despite their nice specs.

You didn't like how netcup implemented hourly billing. :-)

Thanked by 1southy
  • @digij said:

@Pilotseye said:

@ZweiTiger said:

KVM?

Pay yearly? How does this get you good prices at Netcup?

New VPS offers with hourly billing (yes, 6 months prepaid indeed)...

Ah thanks for reminding me! I got into an argument with them about their hourly billing thing..

• CrossBoxCrossBox Member, Patron Provider

@Neoon said:

@muffin said:

At least its not PV.

There is also XEN PVonHVM - a mix of fully virtualized guests with a drivers passthrough. We have a couple of these running for several years now and it works great, sometimes even better than KVM.

• Ympker said: IP-Projects has acctually quite the good reputation in Germany iirc. Similar to phpfriends

LOL depends who you asking, but indeed better rep. than Server4you ;)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • They also have some dedis starting from 21,90 € - https://restposten.ip-projects.de/

• rubenruben Member, Host Rep

I have two vServer S & M at IP-Projects. They perform well. Other than at netcup you get a daily backup for free (caused me some trouble with MariaDB), which is a big plus at least for me.

Thanked by 1vimalware

@ruben said:
    I have two vServer S & M at IP-Projects. They perform well. Other than at netcup you get a daily backup for free (caused me some trouble with MariaDB), which is a big plus at least for me.

What kind of trouble with MariaDB?

• rubenruben Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2018

angstrom said: What kind of trouble with MariaDB?

vServer shuts down for backup (you can do online backup but not recommended), backup gets taken, vServer starts up normally and works just fine. But if you try to restore, MariaDB is broken (false permissions etc.) and needs to be fixed manually.

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

@ruben said:

angstrom said: What kind of trouble with MariaDB?

vServer shuts down for backup (you can do online backup but not recommended), backup gets taken, vServer starts up normally and works just fine. But if you try to restore, MariaDB is broken (false permissions etc.) and needs to be fixed manually.

You shouldn't need to shut down the server to take a backup. Try "online backup"