Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fleio - OpenStack billing & control panel - 0.9.24 released
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Fleio - OpenStack billing & control panel - 0.9.24 released

Fleio is an OpenStack billing solution and control panel for public cloud providers.

The latest Fleio release, 0.9.24, is now available and brings:

• support for Queens, latest OpenStack release
  • Add OpenStack projects create/update/delete feature (staff panel)
  • Fleio can now be used just for billing, without OpenStack configured.
  • mobile UI improvements and optimizations
  • many other improvements and bug fixes

See Fleo in action and the full list of what we’ve added in the latest releases:

Fleio is still in alpha and not recommended for production usage.

What other features would you like Fleio to have and how can we help your public cloud venture to be one of the Fleio early adopters?

We're very eager to hear any feed from the web hosting and public cloud providers!

Comments

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

Looks good, but the pricing is steep.

Thanked by 1fleio
  • Pretty expensive, for the price you have to deliver a more automated installer experience and ideally openstack setup scripts/guides/service on the side.

Looks not bad, willing to test but cba to spin up test openstack env manually...

Thanked by 1fleio
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2018

About the same price as a SolusVM license for people who use E3s or similar, basically with just a minimum, unless I'm miscalculating. When will Fleio leave alpha? Time frame?

Thanked by 1fleio

@MikeA said:
    About the same price as a SolusVM license for people who use E3s or similar, basically with just a minimum, unless I'm miscalculating. When will Fleio leave alpha? Time frame?

For people using E3 / i7 it's fine. However a lot of providers use either L5xxx or Xeon E5. Depending on what you have, it could very well cost around 40€ per node.

Thanked by 1fleio
  • vovlervovler Member
    edited April 2018

If you get 12 E3 nodes, it gets as low as 8.25€ per node.

But its the full 99€ if you only get 1.

I think you should offer lower plans for people that are starting with 1-2 nodes

Thanked by 1fleio
  • fleiofleio Member

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Indeed Fleio needs an OpenStack cloud up and running. I recommend OpenStack-Ansible for deployment: https://docs.openstack.org/openstack-ansible/latest/

@William you can install Fleio via RPM, DEB or Docker.
    We'd say that Fleio installation is pretty simple: https://fleio.com/docs/installing.html

Anyhow, we're offering free installs and configuration of Fleio to everyone. You just need to have a running OpenStack cloud.

We plan to launch 1.0 stable in a few months. I prefer not to commit to a more precise timeframe.

We'll offer a consistent discount when we launch.

Anyone has plans to launch a new OpenStack public cloud?

We'd like to work with a few early adopters of Fleio, see what they need, what we need to adjust and what features are needed.

• Pricing is way too much.. I mean seriously on the higher end..

• fleio said: @William you can install Fleio via RPM, DEB or Docker. We'd say that Fleio installation is pretty simple: https://fleio.com/docs/installing.html

Anyhow, we're offering free installs and configuration of Fleio to everyone. You just need to have a running OpenStack cloud.

Sure, but at this price i should not have to set up Openstack myself - running a bunch of scripts from the master is now not really complex from your side.

fleio said: We'd like to work with a few early adopters of Fleio, see what they need, what we need to adjust and what features are needed.

fleio said: Anyone has plans to launch a new OpenStack public cloud?

yea, but i'm not willing to commit to your later retail pricing if i alpha & beta test your system which to an extent locks me in there.

You lack some features (images yes but upload/download no - a system to maintain OS template generation - boot up script execution).

And some features need function explanation and security validation (eg. resize and root password on custom partitioning/unsupported filesystem, but assuming you just run openstack functions they error anyway safely).

• Agree - Great first look. Agree with William, needs alot more features before its work 99/server/month. I am currently building a cloud platform in a non production environment and would be much more inclined to use different software that has more features and costs 1/3 price.

Thanked by 1fleio
  • HxxxHxxx Member

people redoing the wheel wasting time.

• wavecomaswavecomas Member, Host Rep

Still only flawors... Customers have different needs and configure vm resources according your needs is essential. Actually such provisioning automatics is not really hard to implement. Otherwise promising..

• Hxxx said: people redoing the wheel wasting time.

Not so much anymore, they base on Openstack which removes the need for providing KVM interaction and such Proxmox/SolusVM have (and, somewhat, works) or others try to have (eg. Virtualizor) reducing complexity in backend which allows nicer frontend things.

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

It's like Miss Cleo from the Psychic Friends Network, only free...

Thanked by 2Falzo MasonR
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@raindog308 said:
    It's like Miss Cleo from the Psychic Friends Network, only free...

"Call now for your free billin'."

William said: Openstack

I don't think using OpenStack reduces complexity, more like increases (compared to e.g. Virtualizor). It's a beast to get up and running with a ton of moving parts.

• fleiofleio Member

@William said:

fleio said: @William you can install Fleio via RPM, DEB or Docker. We'd say that Fleio installation is pretty simple: https://fleio.com/docs/installing.html

Sure, but at this price i should not have to set up Openstack myself - running a bunch of scripts from the master is now not really complex from your side.

OpenStack has a huge list of options for hardware, software and nodes layout/architecture. So it's not a simple matter of running a script. We could do that, but would mean to assume so many things and set so many defaults that would limit the OpenStack's flexibility.

Then it's also about committing to deploy, monitor, maintain and update your OpenStack cloud. Running a script to get something up and running quickly would send the wrong message. :)

You lack some features (images yes but upload/download no - a system to maintain OS template generation - boot up script execution).

I think the image upload is disabled on our demo site.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

excellent work

good!!!

Thanked by 1fleio
  • @agentmishra said:
    excellent work

good!!!

Hey @jarland.