Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Enoctus closed and wont respond to my tickets
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Enoctus closed and wont respond to my tickets

AnaajkskAnaajksk Member
edited April 2018 in General

https://www.enoctus.co.uk/

I purchased an annual VPS that was offered around the holidays. The price was $19.95/yr. Everything was running smooth until some time last month. They had some networking problems and things haven't been right since. I tried to open a ticket asking what the connectivity associated with my VPS. The ticket went unanswered for 14 days then marked resolved. I reopened the ticket just to have it reclosed 24 hours later. I opened another ticket and that one is yet to be answered 72 hours later.

I understand I purchased a LET special annual VPS - and they discontinued LET specials. So maybe the level of support is minimal but the level of professionalism lacking from this company needs to be known to the community.

tl;dr Encotus failed to respond to my ticket but marked resolved after 14 days no response. customer re-opened ticket but was marked resolved 24 hours later no response at all again.

Purchased: Thursday, December 6th, 2018 - NY location...

I wouldn't be doing business with this company again.

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is nigh.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

http://status.enoctus.com/

Probably related to the incidents reported above. Might be getting a huge amount of tickets for the same issue -- but would be nice of them to at least direct you to the status page.

Though a 1 month+ outstanding network issue likely doesn't bode well for them. So it appears that the end may be nigh.

• ILLKXILLKX Member

Well. It is a dead pool. Their WHMCS license has been cancelled.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

According to companies house their MD has resigned recently, and they've changed their registered address.

• Same issue - UK location, decided to go with vmhaus.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited April 2018

Is it just me or does "Enoctus" sound like a super-pretentious vampire roleplaying game name?

"I'm a 4th generation elder of clan Toreador, steeped in the blood tradition of my sacred homo vampirus ancestors. Bow before Enoctus!"

Thanked by 1mksh
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

People are running out of words as well as TLD for host names. Gotte be awkwardly creative nowadays.

• Unfortunately that is the game you play with cheap hosting like that. Any day they could shut down and the support just stops. When you're getting a VPS for a year when others are charging the same amount or more for a month, you shouldn't really get too upset when it goes down or they go under.

• Its run by some teenagers who keep arguing among themselves, take your data and RUN!

• krenken said: I tried to open a ticket asking what the connectivity associated with my VPS. The ticket went unanswered for 14 days then marked resolved. I reopened the ticket just to have it reclosed 24 hours later. I opened another ticket and that one is yet to be answered 72 hours later.

Thanked by 2netomx maverickp
  • @realbusiness said:
    Its run by some teenagers who keep arguing among themselves, take your data and RUN!

Looks like one was the weakest link and got voted out.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@realbusiness said:
    Its run by some teenagers who keep arguing among themselves, take your data and RUN!

WHAT!?!? But I totally believed their marketing copy...

We do more than just provide business plans, we provide a professional service to match. From years of experience in a number of industries, our team of business experts have combined their skills to create the perfect business platform supporting everyone. Dedicated business experts are on hand 24x7x365 to provide the support your business needs to find new sales leads and reach a wider audience.

All of our plans for business are high spec, hosted on the best platform making your website speedy and reliable for you customers. We only select the best datacenter to host our network, with a choice of location to meet every businesses requirements. Below we have listed just some of the ways we can help you business succeed online.

Their business is the business of busily serving businesses with business services.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • @raindog308 said:

Their business is the business of busily serving businesses with business services.

(since embedding doesnt respect timestamping, scroll along to 1 minute)