Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloudflare or MaxCDN - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloudflare or MaxCDN

2»

Comments

• niknik Member, Host Rep

@adamus007p said:
    what about amazon cloudfront? there is a free tier, so you can estimate further cost.

How amazon look with other providers?
    Anyone have made a tests? Any experience?

https://www.cdnperf.com

• @AECHostingNet about what issues do you refer? SSL, https?
    @nik thank you so much.

I don't want to open a new topic, but which CDN would be cost effective for server a 1GB files? I am looking place for at lease 300GB storage and 1TB/month traffic.

BunnyCDN ?

• @adamus007p said:
    @AECHostingNet about what issues do you refer? SSL, https?

>

I was just referring to the issues you were working on with the previous comments. Tracking down the scripts that took a long time etc.

• I'd optimize the webserver first and then try out cloudflare free. If you don't have your base webserver optimized then a CDN isn't going to help that much.

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • @donli said:
    Cloudflare (free) DNS is awesome.

yeah most my website use free plan too, with right config and some page rules it peform good.

@ahmadtalal0786 said:
    Yes i have used cloudflare free version for about a month but didnt find any difference. my website page loading speed is about 7 seconds and when i added my website to cloudflare then it went to around 8.5 seconds.

Note: my website is fully optimized and at google page speed test its scored 98/100

@ahmadtalal0786 said:
    I have now tested my site both at webpagetest and GTMetrix and the result is as follow

every cdn not work with magic, you must config it to get best result. in cloudflare you can config cache level, edge cache and can use page rules too and wait a days if you have high load website.

since you mention gtmetrix, you should check waterfall and see where the bottleneck is and make sure server has enough resource. ecommeerce usually come with a lot of images and consider use lazyload images.

also, onpage seo work on single page not at homepage if you considering as seo.

• @warrior
    @AlexJones
    @LeonDynamic

Yes i m using Hostinger (hahaha) becuase I am new to this and didnt have full knowledge of which hosting provider performs well. it has been more then 2 months since i have hosted my website and now I am facing many problems like Resources, uptime, server response time.

First i was thinking that if i buy a hosting then it will work out of the box and i dont have to change or optimize anything but now i know that its P*** in the A**.

I have also posted another post about whether to go for VPS or cloud shared hosting.

but with little experience i cant decide whether to go for VPS or another reputable shared hosting.

As i have seen through waterfall, some of the images need to be optimize and also there are several scripts that needs to be optimize as well.

but I m confused in one thing that when i try to access my website, it doesnt start rendering at that instance rather in the bottom left corner of the browser it say WAITING FOR mydomain.com and when the connection is made then it starts rendering very fast.

so i believe that it may be a server response time delay or something else. still confused.

• LeonDynamicLeonDynamic Member
    edited April 2018

@ahmadtalal0786 said:

Yes i m using Hostinger (hahaha) becuase I am new to this and didnt have full knowledge of which hosting provider performs well. it has been more then 2 months since i have hosted my website and now I am facing many problems like Resources, uptime, server response time.

First piece of advice is look for another host. They don't have a very good reputation just google them or search here. There are many good hosts around such as buyshared.net run by @Francisco and well respected here.

I have also posted another post about whether to go for VPS or cloud shared hosting.

but with little experience i cant decide whether to go for VPS or another reputable shared hosting.

If you have no experience using or securing a VPS, then I would investigate using a managed service but this won't come cheap. However, as your site is new I would start on a good shared hosting plan with good resource allocation and then when traffic gets bigger move to a VPS.

but I m confused in one thing that when i try to access my website, it doesnt start rendering at that instance rather in the bottom left corner of the browser it say WAITING FOR mydomain.com and when the connection is made then it starts rendering very fast.

Refer to the above point about your host. You can optimise forever but without a good server your work will be futile.

• @LeonDynamic said:

@ahmadtalal0786 said:

First piece of advice is look for another host. They don't have a very good reputation just google them or search here. There are many good hosts around such as buyshared.net run by @Francisco and well respected here.

If you have no experience using or securing a VPS, then I would investigate using a managed service but this won't come cheap. However, as your site is new I would start on a good shared hosting plan with good resource allocation and then when traffic gets bigger move to a VPS.

Refer to the above point about your host. You can optimise forever but without a good server your work will be futile.

I really appreciate your comments.
    So as you have pointed out, i should change me hosting provider.
    can you suggest me several best high reputed hosting providers, whether normal or cloud

• A cdn for ecommerce isn't going to make your site astronomically faster because you can't cache private sessions (if they have something in the cart). Try out CF free.

• @ahmadtalal0786 said:
    I really appreciate your comments.
    So as you have pointed out, i should change me hosting provider.
    can you suggest me several best high reputed hosting providers, whether normal or cloud

As I said have a look at buyshared. They are well respected here and the owner is very active on LET. Have a look over the Shared Hosting Offers and contact a few of the providers. You will be looking for CPU, RAM, IO, etc specs. Look for a provider with cPanel as it will make it easier to move later on to another provider/server once you outgrow shared hosting.