Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Expired Cloud Storage - nvm
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Expired Cloud Storage - nvm

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited April 2018 in General

Chinese cloud storage service provided by Gigant TENCENT apparently offers 10TB Free Cloud storage. This is just one of the guides how to get it (I haven't tested it yet though):

http://www.1mtb.com/how-to-get-10-tb-free-online-cloud-storage-from-tencent-weiyun/

There are various guides out there just google "Weiyun 10TB free" and you will find numerous guides. Just keep in mind to use boxcryptor or some sort of encryption because for free offers like this YOU ARE THE PRODUCT (imho).

Comments

• edfoxedfox Member

Can i upgrade to Debian 9?

• xaocxaoc Member

That article is from 2014.

• @xaoc said:

Fml.. why is it so late in the evening already?!
    Probably wont work anymore I guess :S

• edfoxedfox Member

@Ympker said:

@xaoc said:

It actually still works, but you need a slightly different process.

• @edfox said:

@Ympker said:

@xaoc said:

How would that process be then? :P

Thanked by 1mtsbatalha
  • @Ympker said:

@edfox said:

@Ympker said:

@xaoc said:

How would that process be then? :P

I'm very curious.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • edfoxedfox Member

I can't remember ugh, it was last week. I think it was Yunpan 360 with 36TB actually, but as i said i can't remember much.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • They're dead.

• Wouldn't use them anyway

• hzrhzr Member
    edited April 2018

edfox said: I can't remember ugh, it was last week. I think it was Yunpan 360 with 36TB actually, but as i said i can't remember much.

Yunpan and Weiyun are completely separate companies/completely separate products.

Yun vaguely means cloud/mist/smoke/I don't know the literal translation/whatever (iirc), so will probably be a common word.

• XiaomingXiaoming Member
    edited April 2018

360 yunpan free service has been shutdown since Oct 2016. Now it costs 999 RMB(158 USD) for 1T/Year.
    Tencent Weiyun provides 10G for free users. 20 RMB(3.17USD) for 4T/Month.
    Baidu cloud disk gives you 5G for free and 96 RMB(16USD) for 2T/Year.

Forget those shit and buy storage vps from http://www.lowendstorage.win or whatever.

• TionTion Member

@Xiaoming said:

I believe this is only for new accounts? I still got an old Baidu account with 2055 GB for free.

• @Tion said:

@Xiaoming said:

I believe this is only for new accounts? I still got an old Baidu account with 2055 GB for free.

They still give new accounts TB of storage, as long as you have used your account on their iOS or Android app for once. However, you will get terrible download speed when you need to grab your files back, of course unless you pay up.

• xaocxaoc Member

@psb777 said:

@Tion said:

@Xiaoming said:

They still give new accounts TB of storage, as long as you have used your account on their iOS or Android app for once. However, you will get terrible download speed when you need to grab your files back, of course unless you pay up.

You can ofc pay for a month of premium to get your files back and support them for providing you free 2 TB of storage :P