Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH 10.X Network
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH 10.X Network

Did you guys know OVH has a massive 10.X network that interconnects between the UK and RBX and probably others but those are the only boxes I have just now.

Not sure if I'm even supposed to be able to traceroute these but it works, so there we go

Thanked by 2FHR newbiemasih

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

WOW

Such stockpile of IPv4, could be the whole /8 is theirs

Thanked by 3Zerpy yomero klikli
  • lionlion Member

Big if true

• i noticed this yesterday. - same for me in BHS

• ZerpyZerpy Member

I'm not sure if this is a joke or not?

Thanked by 2MikeA mxmod
  • J1021J1021 Member

@Zerpy said:
    I'm not sure if this is a joke or not?

Proof is in the picture.

• mxmodmxmod Member

Anyone can use the 10.0.0.0/8 for internal networks as it is not publicly routable.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Yep, nothing unusual. We do it too, although not visible in our MPLS configuration. Why would you waste routable space on something that you don't even want someone to be able to reach.

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

I can confirm the network exists and is reachable from OVH Public Cloud. 2364 hosts in 10.0.0.0/8 were reachable within 30ms of GRA. Seems like switches, routers, storage equipment and some other stuff are present on this range. According to nmap, out of the few hosts I tried: Nexus 7000, HP P2000 G3 NAS, VMWare ESXi…

I don't get it: why is the management network visible and reachable from the customer facing interfaces?

• jlayjlay Member

Hah, start looking around for Samba, NFS, and GlusterFS shares and you'll probably find some interesting stuff

@jlay said:
    Hah, start looking around for Samba, NFS, and GlusterFS shares and you'll probably find some interesting stuff

That could get interesting real fast. I don't actually want to mess with this beyond this point though - don't want to trigger some IDS and get kicked out as a customer.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Holy shit guys, I just realized I have a /16 IP block allocated to me!!

Test IP is 192.168.0.1 if anyone wants to test latency.

Thanked by 1FHR

@MasonR said:

Hah! I actually have a whole /8 for myself! 127.0.0.1 seems to respond really quickly!

Thanked by 2MasonR VirtualByte
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@FHR said:

@MasonR said:

Hah! I actually have a whole /8 for myself! 127.0.0.1 seems to respond really quickly!

You lucky son of a gun!

Thanked by 1FHR
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@FHR said:
    I can confirm the network exists and is reachable from OVH Public Cloud. 2364 hosts in 10.0.0.0/8 were reachable within 30ms of GRA. Seems like switches, routers, storage equipment and some other stuff are present on this range. According to nmap, out of the few hosts I tried: Nexus 7000, HP P2000 G3 NAS, VMWare ESXi…

I don't get it: why is the management network visible and reachable from the customer facing interfaces?

But then I probably would put it in a separate VRF...

• KrisKris Member

FHR said: I can confirm the network exists and is reachable from OVH Public Cloud. 2364 hosts in 10.0.0.0/8 were reachable within 30ms of GRA. Seems like switches, routers, storage equipment and some other stuff are present on this range. According to nmap, out of the few hosts I tried: Nexus 7000, HP P2000 G3 NAS, VMWare ESXi…

Boy if some of you got Shodan you'd shit yourselves.

Thanked by 1scaveney
  • Only downside to Shodan is the amount of stuff that it misses. Also, the poor flexibility of its filters. Otherwise, it's still a neat tool, especially when researching abuse cases.

Thanked by 1Kris
  • Shot2Shot2 Member

More interestingly, they have a bunch of geographically-spread primary (stratum-1) NTP servers in this range.

The fun part is how to find them. :)