Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[OVH Deals] Up to 50% Off - April 23, 2018
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[OVH Deals] Up to 50% Off - April 23, 2018

HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Just got this email from OVH about these deals they're currently running, for the next 3 days:
https://www.ovh.com/world/ovh-deals/

Server discounts don't appear to be recurring and only awarded for 3-month, 6-month, or 12-month commitment.

Thanked by 2ehab nessie

Comments

• atomiatomi Member

Internet should have law against non-recurring offers

• lionlion Member

Damn, i was excited for a moment

Thanked by 1mtsbatalha
  • FWIW, there's a deal for .com domain name registration at €4.99 via https://www.ovh.ie/ovh-deals/

A gotcha though:

.com domain names
    This promotional offer will give you either a .com domain name at the price of €4.99 ex. VAT for 12 months, instead of €9.99 ex. VAT (offer reserved for natural persons residing in the European Union, and legal persons whose head office or main establishment is based in the European Union)...

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2018

Our dedicated offers is :

EG-16 (infrastructure server) / MC-32 + MC-64 (GAME)

=> 10% off for 3 months / 20% for 6 / 30% of 12
    no recurring indeed

There is still until 50% off on Asia-pacific dedicated servers.

ninzo59

• @lion said:
    Damn, i was excited for a moment

I got roped in like this once. At the time, support was telling some people it was recurring. Being impatient, I jumped on this, only to find out that this was not the case. So, now, I just assume that all their "specials" are non-recurring.

• TionTion Member

Seems like their Asia adventure isnt working out so well.

• SCAM!!!

• RizRiz Member

Payment page isn't clear at all if it's re-occurring or one time, and they've placed a notice saying it would be available prior to payment. Welp, all the way to the payment stage on my end, and no notice if this is one-time or re-occurring.

@OVH_APAC - care to clarify?

• crpatelcrpatel Member
    edited April 2018

@Riz, looks like one time. OVH generally doesn't offer the discount on renewal. "Dedicated server renewals will be charged at the price listed at the renewal date on our website: www.ovh.com/world. Renewal will also be subject to the terms and conditions available on the website."

Thanked by 1Riz
  • imokimok Member

@ninzo59 is OVH.

@ninzo59 said:
    no recurring indeed

Just in case somebody else asks about whether it is recurring or not, again and again and again...

• Nope.

• Last recurring deals where from kimsufi and soyoustart game range. Recurring deals from OVH where long time ago in EU with their 4x2TB special offer, I think.

• joojajooja Member

@FredQc said:
    Last recurring deals where from kimsufi and soyoustart game range. Recurring deals from OVH where long time ago in EU with their 4x2TB special offer, I think.

Blackfriday 2016
    MC-32 I7 4790k 32gb 2X240 ssd 46 usd recurring
    I still have it

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@jooja said:

@FredQc said:
    Last recurring deals where from kimsufi and soyoustart game range. Recurring deals from OVH where long time ago in EU with their 4x2TB special offer, I think.

Blackfriday 2016
    MC-32 I7 4790k 32gb 2X240 ssd 46 usd recurring
    I still have it

Lucky lucky.

Thanked by 1jooja
  • Non recurring deals ;_;

• @FredQc said:

Yaa.. But they even offered some of 1TB servers in eu last year I guess...

• @FredQc said:

Best OVH deal ever.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

What a disappointment.

• @CConner said:
    What a disappointment.

This is not something new.

@FredQc said:

@CConner said:
    What a disappointment.

This is not something new.

I know. It's just funny to watch OVH not learning (as usual) from their past mistakes.

• lionlion Member

@CConner said:
    I know. It's just funny to watch OVH not learning (as usual) from their past mistakes.

So selling servers for a unsustainable price is right and not a mistake?

@lion said:

@CConner said:

Many other great providers such as Hetzner are way cheaper than OVH from the get go. Not to mention that you can expect no support from OVH, whilst Hetzner has always delivered top-notch support.

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

@CConner said:

@lion said:

@CConner said:

Many other great providers such as Hetzner are way cheaper than OVH from the get go. Not to mention that you can expect no support from OVH, whilst Hetzner has always delivered top-notch support.

Hetzner is present in 3 locations. OVH is present on 4 continents, in 11 locations and with offices in 19 countries. See the problem?

Anyway, why spread all the hate around OVH pricing? I could argue that your game hosting packages are twice as expensive as packages of other providers - and yes, it's true. Do you see someone complaining about it?

edited April 2018

FHR said: Hetzner is present in 3 locations. OVH is present on 4 continents, in 11 locations and with offices in 19 countries. See the problem?

Anyway, why spread all the hate around OVH pricing? I could argue that your game hosting packages are twice as expensive as packages of other providers - and yes, it's true. Do you see someone complaining about it?

...of which pretty much all datacenters except SBG, RBX, GRA and BHS have gigantic issues with routing. OVH may have a lot of locations, but the quality of all of the new ones are severely lacking.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2018

@CConner said:
    ...of which pretty much all datacenters except SBG, RBX, GRA and BHS have gigantic issues with routing. OVH may have a lot of locations, but the quality of all of the new ones are severely lacking.

I agree somewhat, but I'm able to send an email to someone at OVH and get routing issues from new datacenters fixed in hours, sometimes even minutes. They're working on the problems, just like BHS when it was first built out, now it's considered very good by many.

• CConner said: ...of which pretty much all datacenters except SBG, RBX, GRA and BHS have gigantic issues with routing. OVH may have a lot of locations, but the quality of all of the new ones are severely lacking.

Like Hetzner is doing any better with their new datacenter? Cut them some slack.. It takes time to get everything in place, and they either take customers whilst they work out all the routing issues, or they spend years doing this all by themselves, the latter being not profitable in the slightest.

edited April 2018

solaire said: Like Hetzner is doing any better with their new datacenter? Cut them some slack.. It takes time to get everything in place, and they either take customers whilst they work out all the routing issues, or they spend years doing this all by themselves, the latter being not profitable in the slightest.

OVH's SGP still has lots of issues a year after it's launch, and often even goes completely offline and have stopped giving out SLA credit to customers for it.

I am definitely not trying to take a shit on OVH. It just keeps surprising me how they make mistake upon mistake. For instance doing a 50% off promo for a datacenter that is unreliable. They have continued to increase their pricing, however it seems that they have gotten worse. The support is still non-existent, and even if they answer your ticket it still takes them weeks to fix the simplest of issues because the people that answer them seem to have no technical experience themselves whatsoever. I wonder what the people at the offices in those 19 countries throughout the world are doing.

Having a lot of locations and expanding rapidly is not an excuse for providing a half-baked service. Because that is what, at least to me, it feels like. Whilst their network in BHS and Europe is solid, they have expanded so quickly that the service in their new datacenters are pretty much unusable for any kind of commercial activity.