Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter Problems - Bad Customer Service Support
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter Problems - Bad Customer Service Support

ZephyrFireZephyrFire Member
edited April 2018 in General

I have had Delimiter for 3 months now and I constantly have problems with them. Its not so much their product as it is their unresponsiveness to support tickets. My server has been down for 3 hours now with NO response to two separate tickets one to Outages and another to Dedicated Support. I have a dedicated server and Plesk updates messed up things and I needed to connect to ILO and the info they gave me when I signed up does not work and I get no response from anyone for hours not even a message saying we are working on it just an email saying they will address it "SHORTLY" What is exactly "shortly?" Its been 3 hours for a simple fix. I just need to get into ILO. Anyone know how I can get in touch with someone? Thanks.

Comments

• sundaymousesundaymouse Member
    edited April 2018

I see two issues: you might be expecting too much from an unmanaged service, and you might be expecting too much from a cheap provider.

• imokimok Member

We all know. Change your provider.

• ZephyrFireZephyrFire Member
    edited April 2018

I understand cheap but that doesnt mean you treat your customers like crap. Anyone who pays for a dedicated server is just for that a dedicated server. Im not some teenager using it for a game server. I have a small upstart business and need reliability. If I own a grocery store and sell you a can of corn and charge you a sale price doesnt mean you cant take it back if its bad. Bad analogy but you get the point. Cheap in price doesnt mean they should be able to ignore their customers. They advertise ILO support as well as so called quality support so they should live up to their advertising. I am planning on going somewhere else at the beginning of the month. Its just crazy that "support" doesnt even let you know they are working on it or even that they care about you spending your money with them.

Thanked by 1levnode
  • Well I will be changing but not quietly. Anyone who reads this post STAY AWAY from Delimiter! So many posts just on this site about them. I will be contacting all the local news teams action lines about them as well as Atlanta area where my server is located.

• ZephyrFire said: > but not quietly.

It doesn't matter whether quiet or noisy. Either way, you're still telling us stuff we already know. Yawn.

• @ZephyrFire said:
    I understand cheap but that doesnt mean you treat your customers like crap. Anyone who pays for a dedicated server is just for that a dedicated server. Im not some teenager using it for a game server. I have a small upstart business and need reliability. If I own a grocery store and sell you a can of corn and charge you a sale price doesnt mean you cant take it back if its bad. Bad analogy but you get the point. Cheap in price doesnt mean they should be able to ignore their customers. They advertise ILO support as well as so called quality support so they should live up to their advertising. I am planning on going somewhere else at the beginning of the month. Its just crazy that "support" doesnt even let you know they are working on it or even that they care about you spending your money with them.

You need reliabilty so why did you choose Delimiter? Moreover, 3 hour downtime is not a big problem to any other provider. 1 month has 700 hours, if they commit 99% SLA, it may be down for 7 hours a month. Have you prepared for that? Have you implemented HA for something you need reliable? If not, it’s your fault.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited April 2018

Yawn.

A guy chooses a lowend provider for reliability.

....Nuff said.

• sinsin Member

There's so many comments online about poor support from Delimiter; just change providers.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

Sorry to hear about your Delimiter woes, but -

• Stay away from Delimiter.
    It's not worth it, bad uptime and no support.
    Got my money back from a chargeback thanks to them lying and not trying to get my server back online.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited April 2018

@sundaymouse said:
    I see two issues: you might be expecting too much from an unmanaged service, and you might be expecting too much from a cheap provider.

What do you expect if OP can’t read the following from the provider website:

Support

Fully Unmanaged

You’re the expert, run your servers how you like. Get full root access to your desired OS via our automated installer or use ILO to install from a custom ISO.

24/7/365 Technical Support

>

Our support team is here to quickly fix any network or hardware problems. Backed by a 24 hour hardware replacement guarantee.

It doesn’t stated the software issues!!! Plesk is software and not hardware!!!!

To mods: the topic title should be changed to STAY AWAY FROM OP as he can’t read!

Thanked by 1lazyt
  • K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@WebProject said:

@sundaymouse said:

What do you expect if OP can’t read the following from the provider website:

Support

Fully Unmanaged

You’re the expert, run your servers how you like. Get full root access to your desired OS via our automated installer or use ILO to install from a custom ISO.

24/7/365 Technical Support

>

Our support team is here to quickly fix any network or hardware problems. Backed by a 24 hour hardware replacement guarantee.

It doesn’t stated the software issues!!! Plesk is software and not hardware!!!!

To mods: the topic title should be changed to STAY AWAY FROM OP as he can’t read!

If only you had bothered to read OPs post closely, you may have noticed that the OP needs correct login credentials to use iLO, and does not require plesk related support.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • @WebProject stop being a shill. Delimiter is bad.

• zllovesukizllovesuki Member
    edited April 2018

Support really doesn’t mean anything. Even though we have a support contract with Oracle, when I asked them what’s in the “security patch” and should we panic and patch it RIGHT NOW, they gave us a shrug and my coworkers were flipping tables.

Yeah, so much for “enterprise” and “support.” The only thing you get from a “support contract” is you have someone to blame and point fingers at when things go wrong.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2018

Don't waste your time, just go quietly, there are literally years worth of information, posts and reviews online about exactly this and you are living proof it does not matter, all people see is the price tag.

They usually take 24 - 48 hours to get back to people at best, worst case weeks, they don't really care about ultra budget customers.

That said you wont get a much better experience elsewhere for the same price/hardware so if you actually run a business on this then you need to realign your own expectation and chose a quality provider if you want to provide a quality service yourself.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • I have windows on my box from them, constant was crashing and was unable to reboot it from a panel. Ultimately needed a disk driver and it fixed it. Box has been up 2 months since I got that figured out, was getting stuck offline about weekly before that. If you have windows this could be your issue.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited April 2018

@K4Y5 said:
    Sorry to hear about your Delimiter woes, but -

• warriorwarrior Member
    edited April 2018

we all know, please open ticket and give full addresses. we'll sent poptart and popcorn to your home address.

anyway, i leaving 2 year ago.

Thanked by 1corbpie
  • donlidonli Member

@ZephyrFire said: I understand cheap but that doesnt mean you treat your customers like crap.

If you're cheap enough it means you can treat your customers "like crap".

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@corbpie said:
    @WebProject stop being a shill. Delimiter is bad.

I am not shill anyone. I have missed out the iLO issue and for majority of budget providers takes at least 24 hours to fix the issue.

I can say that the support depends not on budget, but how important customers to company.