Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Use 50GB Free Storage + All in One Wordpress Migration to backup your (Personal) Wordpress sites :-)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Use 50GB Free Storage + All in One Wordpress Migration to backup your (Personal) Wordpress sites :-)

Just saw that All in One Wordpress Migration plugin allows backups to be pushed on MEGA.nz . Yes, MEGA has its' fair share of a backstory but atleast for personal projects and in the light of the End to End encryption along with 50GB Free storage it is hard to neglect. It should definitly be aight for Personal projects and probably the 50GB will be able to cover most - if not all - of your WordPress projects. Make your own choice on this one :-)

Thanked by 1scorcher9

Comments

• emghemgh Member

Dosen't MEGA take use of download limits?

• @emgh said:
    Dosen't MEGA take use of download limits?

What do you mean? I think only bw is limited network wise

• MEGA only gives 15GB and removes the other 35GB after a month i saw now.

• @ascicode said:
    MEGA only gives 15GB and removes the other 35GB after a month i saw now.

I read it expires after 180 days. Hm..

• angstromangstrom Moderator

The "50 MB free" was too good to last, not that I was ever really tempted to sign up.

In addition, Kim Dotcom said that people would do better to stay away from Mega (and we should believe what Dotcom says :-D ).

• For some sites, I do updraft + backup server with ftp(s) but since ftps or sftp isn't available in free version, I use a script to send backup to sftp. This also works with Google Drive :-)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Wow mega dropped to15gb.
    What ever I love gsuite.

• @elliotc said:
    Wow mega dropped to15gb.
    What ever I love gsuite.

Gsuite is definitly worth it :) Although you need multiple users to get the unlimited plan, eh?

• @Ympker said:

@elliotc said:
    Wow mega dropped to15gb.
    What ever I love gsuite.

Gsuite is definitly worth it :) Although you need multiple users to get the unlimited plan, eh?

Google is lying. Only one user and I have around4TB on my drive.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @elliotc said:

@Ympker said:

@elliotc said:
    Wow mega dropped to15gb.
    What ever I love gsuite.

Google is lying. Only one user and I have around4TB on my drive.

Hmm? How?

• I still had 50GB Mega.nz, when will it drop to 15GB ???

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@buiductrong said:
    I still had 50GB Mega.nz, when will it drop to 15GB ???

I'd be surprised if you could keep 50GB for the longer term even if they still let you have 50GB at the moment.