Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wishosting BAD REVIEWS. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wishosting BAD REVIEWS.

13»

Comments

• @dynamo said:

@ElliotJ said: "How to request current services cancellation" in the ticket further suggests a desire for the services to be cancelled.

There is question mark after it.

How to request current services cancellation ?

Even to a non-native English speaker, it should be evident that its a question not a instruction.

Yup. That so true.

• DanSummer said: I hope he has a backup somewhere for the client ....

These were storage servers. I've never heard of storage servers that came with backups. Storage servers usually ARE backups. We heard you like backup so we put backup in your backup so you could backup while you backup...

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited April 2018

How unfortunate, but I'd agree that "terminate current services" means exactly one thing. I've had some long drawn out support tickets with ESL users and there has to be a point where you have to take their words literally than put it down to interpretation or guessing.

It'd be pretentious to keep 2nd guessing what someone is saying to you. "Are you sure you want me to **** off?" etc.

Thanked by 1mrlongshen
  • edited April 2018

ricardo said: It'd be pretentious to keep 2nd guessing what someone is saying to you. "Are you sure you want me to **** off?" etc.

Agree with this. If OP responded "Yes I'm sure I want you to terminate my services", should the host then reply "Are you sure you have your backups ready, or that you really don't need the data?". How far does the hand holding go?

When you use rm to delete files, it doesn't say "Are you sure?". It just does what you asked it to. :)

• donlidonli Member

@rajprakash said:

ricardo said: It'd be pretentious to keep 2nd guessing what someone is saying to you. "Are you sure you want me to **** off?" etc.

Agree with this. If OP responded "Yes I'm sure I want you to terminate my services", should the host then reply "Are you sure you have your backups ready, or that you really don't need the data?". How far does the hand holding go?

When you use rm to delete files, it doesn't say "Are you sure?". It just does what you asked it to. :)

When a customer wants to terminate an already paid for service the host at least needs to ask if the service should be terminated immediately or at the end of the period already paid for.

• @donli said:

@rajprakash said:

When a customer wants to terminate an already paid for service the host at least needs to ask if the service should be terminated immediately or at the end of the period already paid for.

Yup. True. I dont think my support ticket is to request cancellation immediately. Im just asking. Becoz they don't have panel like whmcs.

• MrMMrM Member

But for me wishosting still Good ( support, and vps, vds ) i have running over 6 month there my vps, for 20 Blog ) never have issue

• @MrM said:
    But for me wishosting still Good ( support, and vps, vds ) i have running over 6 month there my vps, for 20 Blog ) never have issue

True. They need to improve their communication and client panel in case to prevent any 'immediately' delete services based on ticket. The misunderstanding is the cause all this happen.

• I have had great success with WISHosting. The few interactions with support have been fine. I can definitely see the confusion and the errors made in here. While it wasn't a favorable play-out, it does not negatively impact my reputation with them given the service I have had with them and the length of service.

But duly noted to keep in mind, however!

Thanked by 1willie
  • imokimok Member

This is a really bad move from Wishosting, bad communication as usual on the LET world.

But to be fair, the only issue between me and them is I spent my credits on an idle server :P

• edited April 2018

Wishosting is screwing with you. Common process/courtesy would be:
    "Are you sure you want to cancel the service? It would delete all the data permanently. Please reply to confirm."

I almost order from them. What a dick move.

Thanked by 1MrM
  • MrMMrM Member

@greattomeetyou said:
    Wishosting is screwing with you. Common process/courtesy would be:
    "Are you sure you want to cancel the service? It would delete all the data permanently. Please reply to confirm."

I almost order from them. What a dick move.

trueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :) He take cancel so delete all data :v so why ask bla bla,

• NekkiNekki Veteran

LET: Where the horse is never truly dead.

Thanked by 3mikho Junkless imok