Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

@ramnode
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

@ramnode

You guys are great, but i am a little let down by your choice of debian w/ gnome being the only debian available.

inb4 submit ticket. Please add debian minimal.

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

No, not "inb4 submit ticket" - That is exactly what you should do. Stop being a lazy shit and direct the question to the provider in the proper manner.

• @W1V_Lee said:
    No, not "inb4 submit ticket" - That is exactly what you should do. Stop being a lazy shit and direct the question to the provider in the proper manner.

With the time it took him to make this topic, he could have submitted a ticket. Just amazing!

• @W1V_Lee said:
    @Grimmy2 said:
    With the time it took him to make this topic, he could have submitted a ticket. Just amazing!

Valid points.

Still its a little ridiculous that i need to make a ticket at all. gnome... really...

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited October 2013

• I agree, and I also submitted a ticket on this last month.

• SweetSweet Member
    edited October 2013

@TheLinuxBug
    How long you been waiting to use that ugly thing.

@jimpop
    Maybe a public forum is just the place we need to bring it up then.

• Just install it from an ISO...?

• @Sweet said:
    Maybe a public forum is just the place we need to bring it up then.

@Nick's previous response to me was that debian-minimal was causing too many Support problems. So I can see why RamNode pulled it. I've used debian-minimal, and debian-non-gnome at many many VPS providers, all without any major problems....so now I wonder if my VPSes are in some sea of idiots. :-)

When it's all said and done, I still prefer RamNode's network, Support, and VPS speed over having to purge some bloated packages.

• @awson said:
    Just install it from an ISO...?

I did not see that. much thanks.

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

Templates in general for KVM are buggy, there are several that we (Catalyst) have disabled including some of the new Debian ones exactly for this reason. Ramnode is a quality host, and if @nick_a disabled a template, I am positive there was good reason in mind. More than likely to prevent frustration of the client using a buggy template. ISO installs are always the better option. You can set things up the way you want. Obviously goes without saying, you want a fast response. Open a ticket and use the recommended support channels.

• @ryanarp said:
    Templates in general for SolusVM KVM are buggy.

FTFY

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

@serverian said:
    FTFY

I was going to point out "SolusVM KVM Templates" however I decided to be vague.

• @awson said:
    Just install it from an ISO...?

That's nice if you are installing 1 VPS, but the templates are perfect if you are (re)installing many.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I'm not trying to be mean, but I do not understand why this thread exists, particularly prior to opening a ticket.

Phill told me on July 25 he would be remaking the Debian templates at some point. They have not changed since May 5, so I have no reason to make them available again.

Anyway, as someone pointed out, we have Debian Netinstall available for all KVM users.

Thanked by 2jimpop zfedora
  • Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Also, we have a list of all available OS options (linked on the order form as well): https://clientarea.ramnode.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=48

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

lol at OP

• @Sweet said:
    I did not see that. much thanks.

Solved then.

This discussion has been closed.