Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

has nbvps.net improved?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

has nbvps.net improved?

JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran
edited February 2012 in General

I am looking for some current opinions on nbvps.net . I've searched google and the posts here and it would
seem that they had some major problems (including an apparent hacking where customer VPS were deleted) and
their reputation seems pretty bad.

Is it as bad as it sounds? I think that if I did sign up I'd be worried about the security of my personal information and my data constantly. I'm wondering if there are any signs of improvement.

Comments

• Don't be tricked by a company's web page design. Don't know anything about nbvps.net thought.

• Stupid question, but why go with a provider most of us haven't ever heard of?
    Specific reasons for this?

• fanfan Veteran
    edited February 2012

You get what you paid for, and reputation is very important when I choose a provider, especially for a LEB provider.

• Ya forget it. I shouldn't have posted this. I was being REALLY tempted by their DDOS protected VPSes that they have started offering out of the Staminus data center (price seems to good to be true - probably massively oversold/unstable). Anyways, I did more googling and uncovered some other stuff where they apparently did some fraudulent chargebacks against some well respected data centers. Nope - I won't be touching this one.

• @OneTwo
    It is a template, Not sure if it is free. I have defiantely seen it before on other websites.

Personally, I would not touch them.

• @EaseVPS I'm saying that a bad provider can have a good template (like HostSnowy) and a very good prover can have a bad template (like RamHost).

• @OneTwo said: (like HostSnowy)

Is a good template? o_O

• @yomero
    Yeah, I would not say having a cat as a logo on a business website is Ideal.

• @yomero said: Is a good template? o_O

why not? it's good.