Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The most cheap dedicated server in Romania ! 50% off for life ! Limited offer only 50 dedis ! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The most cheap dedicated server in Romania ! 50% off for life ! Limited offer only 50 dedis !

Comments

• @cociu said:

Today we have some remain resources in dedicated servers with the config :

2XIntel Xeon Quad Core CPU L5630

I have opened a ticket (#942128) to load custom ISO for the server.

Thanks so much.

• Already gone...? I tried to order but seems like coupon expired. :(

• hzrhzr Member

contactwajeeh said: Already gone...? I tried to order but seems like coupon expired. :(

>

Some of us ordered 25+ servers

• @hzr said:

contactwajeeh said: Already gone...? I tried to order but seems like coupon expired. :(

>

Some of us ordered 25+ servers

Oh my bad, arrived late to the party.

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited April 2018

This is the cheapest colo offer for 100mbps dedi you'll ever find on LET.

The clever ones will have ordered/shipped the drives already.

Be sure you're not buying the 15mm high SMR drives that keep showing up in new external hdds these days.

hi storage config: 6TB in RAID5 (4x2TB)
    hi performance config : 4TB in RAID10

Plus, with ECC ram( @cociu kindly confirm this) , I'd skip the RAID card and run ZFSoLinux directly on host OS . (max version 0.7.6 or 0.7.8 when it releases this week, not 0.7.7)

Sauce:

@deanK said:

I don't think his server can take 15mm 2.5inch. Most likely 9mm max which is 2TB.

Correct. (seagate backup plus slim 2TB is PMR, so shuck them maybe)

My 2TB plus Slim had Samsung disk inside. lightweight.

Thanked by 1cociu
  • @cociu said:

sin said: Do these come with IPMI like the other deal? Thank you :-)

this came only with the panel control witch we have finish to test it yesterday. you can install , reinstall , stop, start from your client area. in the near future will be added more features like kvm console.

Hello,

I have also opened support ticket #967753 to load ISO/OS Installation.

• cociucociu Member

yes , all gone.

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@vimalware said:
    I'd skip the RAID card and run ZFSoLinux directly on host OS.

Do you already have an idea how to bypass the onboard RAID controller? On my server even the single SAS disk shows up as HP logical volume. And so far there is no direct iLO access to the server.

@deank said:
    I don't think his server can take 15mm 2.5inch. Most likely 9mm max which is 2TB.

Probably this isn't correct, but at least here somebody said "HP SFF (2.5") drives are up to 15mm height". I do not know. Maybe the 15mm are including the tray itself.

Does anybody have access to a HP DL360 G6 and a 15mm drive to check whether it fits or not? Of course 15mm height would be much more flexible.

@vimalware said:
    Correct. (seagate backup plus slim 2TB is PMR, so shuck them maybe)

Interesting. I could not find an internal 2.5" drive with 2TB, <10mm height and PMR myself so far. Do you know which actual drive is mounted in the mentioned USB drive?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • deank said: Laptop HDD comes in 3+ TB nowadays up to 5TB. They are 15mm in height though. I don't think his server can take 15mm 2.5inch. Most likely 9mm max which is 2TB.

Not exactly the most reliable source, but I had a look at some of these HPE Enterprise HDDs on sale and they seem to have +/- 15mm height.

• Failed to order too :(

• MrMMrM Member

sound good, :) intersted nice offers dude

edited April 2018

In case somebody else also had luck to snatch one of these servers but struggled with only less than 1 Mbps network troughput: Check your network link with ethtool. Mine only negotiated to 100 with half-duplex which lead to spurious collisions on the ethernet link.

Solution:

apt-get install ethtool net-tools

and add the following lines to /etc/network/interfaces to manually configure the ethernet link to 100/full during boot without autoneg.

link-speed 100
    link-duplex full
    ethernet-autoneg off

At least for me this successfully solved my problem. Maybe somebody else might also be patched to a switch lacking autoneg. :)

$ iperf3 -p 5205 -c ping.online.net
    Connecting to host ping.online.net, port 5205
    [...]
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bandwidth       Retr
    [  4]   0.00-10.00  sec   112 MBytes  94.0 Mbits/sec    0             sender
    [  4]   0.00-10.00  sec   109 MBytes  91.1 Mbits/sec                  receiver

Nice box so far. :) I'll now have to think about which HDDs to order and try to find some used RAM to upgrade. Regarding the RAM, I'd guess PC3-10600R (DDR3-1333, Registered, ECC) is what we need. @cociu, can you confirm what exact type of RAM is currently installed? Regarding the HDDs please share if somebody was able to test a 15mm HDD and if disks >2TB can be passed to OS, preferably with AHCI and without RAID controller (for ZFS and SMART).

Thanked by 3Levi fkj Setsura
  • cociucociu Member

dfroe said: PC3-10600R (DDR3-1333, Registered

yes this ram is ok. About hdd is support maximum 9 mm

cociu said:
    About hdd is support maximum 9 mm

So, what would you recommend, LET?

Looks like there are currently no 2.5" 2TB 9mm non-SMR drives on the market.
    On the other hand, building a RAIDz1 (=RAID5) pool with three disks in this server to store mainly backup data shouldn't probably be a severe problem even for SMR drives.

Any recommendations? I'd say ST2000LM015 (70 EUR / 2TB) should be fine.

• Got any OVZ deals? Need as minimal resources as possible!

• twaintwain Member

@dfroe - Can you change the disk to JBOD in the raid controller?

• LeviLevi Member
    edited April 2018

dfroe said: In case somebody else also had luck to snatch one of these servers but struggled with only less than 1 Mbps network troughput

Same problem is on CentOS 7 OS. If anyone running it, perform these steps:

• nmcli d -- check for green line which should be active ethernet device. In my case it was device "enp2s0f0" (very unusual, usually it is eth0).

• vi /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-enp2s0f0 -- at the end of file add this line:

ETHTOOL_OPTS="speed 100 duplex full autoneg off"

• Restart network: ifdown enp2s0f0 && ifup enp2s0f0

Now you will easily push 95 Mbps out of 100 Mbps.

Other strange issues bothered me constantly:

• When you modify network, or just simply remove BIND service server resolvers sets it-self to 127.0.0.1 and connection to yum repos goes dark. Solution:

vi /etc/resolv.conf

Now set nameserver from 127.0.0.1 to 8.8.8.8

• Support regarding additional services like IP's, additional hardware or licenses are slow.

All in all - I grabbed 2 boxes and in general satisfied what I get at this price!

Thanked by 1ehab
  • hi @cociu

so i think the its sold out , need one

any chance for 1st time customer ?

@twain said:
    @dfroe - Can you change the disk to JBOD in the raid controller?

Don't think so. I cannot check because there is no iLO access. But from my experience with (at least those older) HP RAID controllers, there is no possibility to bypass them. Best one can do with 4 HDDs is to create 4x RAID0 arrays when using OS-based solutions like ZFS. Should be okay for cold storage with SMR drives.

• cociucociu Member

LTniger said: Support regarding additional services like IP's, additional hardware or licenses are slow.

unfortunatly some of our client was not understand what meen 3 days for delivery and "please do not open tikets in this time" so we have faced with many tikets. All this will be back to normal this weekend.

• cociu said: unfortunatly some of our client was not understand what meen 3 days for delivery and "please do not open tikets in this time" so we have faced with many tikets. All this will be back to normal this weekend.

Will you add the option to control the server thru client area also to the servers you sold in your previous offer? (reboots, reinstalls)

• LeviLevi Member
    edited April 2018

Ciient area and website is unreachable more than 4 hours already. Any problems @cociu ?

• LTniger said: Ciient area and website is unreachable more than 4 hours already. Any problems @cociu ?

For me, it's loading fine

• LeviLevi Member

If anyone need, I have 2 servers for transfer. PM me if you interested.

• cociucociu Member

LTniger said: Ciient area and website is unreachable more than 4 hours already. Any problems @cociu ?

ah ... thanks for point this . Just resolved... we are under atack due of some disputes here in LET. Now is all working.

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited April 2018

Your panel is down so I can't put a ticket in now, but are these supposed to be 8GB ram or 4GB? I ordered one a few days back and got 4GB, opening post here says 8GB though.

dfroe said: In case somebody else also had luck to snatch one of these servers but struggled with only less than 1 Mbps network troughput: Check your network link with ethtool. Mine only negotiated to 100 with half-duplex which lead to spurious collisions on the ethernet link.

Yeah that definitely fixed it for me, thanks.

• cociucociu Member

we will restock this servers verry soon (1-2 days ) so who is interesed stay close

• cociucociu Member

we have restock some special dedis :

use this code for plans bellow :

1) budget server 1 , use this code to get 50% off for life : BUDGET1

2) budget server 2 , use this code to get 50% off for life : BUDGET2

3) budget server 3 , use this code to get 50% off for life : BUDGET3

all this servers cand be found here : https://www.hostsolutions.ro/eng/hosting/dedicated-servers-romania

Profesional servers :

1) Profesional server 1 , use this code to get 50% off for life : PROF1

link to order : https://www.hostsolutions.ro/eng/hosting/high-dedicated-servers

Is a verry verry limited offer valid until the stock is exhausted , this servers is from people who was not renew the offer what we made last month.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@cociu So the new offer is only single CPU and 4GB ram for the 14.5Eur plan?

• cociucociu Member

Harambe said: @cociu So the new offer is only single CPU and 4GB ram for the 14.5Eur plan?

is out of stock any way , still remain budget 2 , 3,