Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Cloud now available in Finland - Helsinki - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Cloud now available in Finland - Helsinki

2»

Comments

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited April 2018

re-Asking my old question in this thread too:

@Hetzner_OL:

Is Bandwidth between instances and dedi in Finland and German Hetzner DCs, considered 'Internal' ?

• donlidonli Member

@vimalware said:

Is Bandwidth between instances and dedi in Finland and German Hetzner DCs, considered 'Internal' ?

Tagging @Hetzner_OL so they're more likely to see your question.

• @donli said:

@vimalware said:

Tagging @Hetzner_OL so they're more likely to see your question.

Woops. forgot the most important part when composing.

• @vimalware said: Is Bandwidth between instances and dedi in Finland and German Hetzner DCs, considered 'Internal' ?

I did a few traceroutes between Hetzner Finland and Hetzner Germany and all the traffic never leaves the Hetzner network (at least as identified by the intermediate host names). So my hunch is that this is pretty much internal traffic and we should hopefully be good to go on traffic limits.

Of course this is in no way an official answer and we'll have to wait for @Hetzner_OL to clarify but I hope we're right/sane in our assumptions.

• williewillie Member
    edited April 2018

https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Rechenzentren_und_Anbindung/en needs to be updated. It says "The two Data Center Parks are both connected to Frankfurt (FFM) and each other with dark fiber...." but that paragraph doesn't mention HEL.

• pikepike Veteran
    edited April 2018

@willie said:
    but that paragraph doesn't mention HEL.

Edit: aaah now I got what u are talking about, sorry. Yeah, should be updated.

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@vimalware said:

@Hetzner_OL:

Sorry that I missed this, @vimalware ! I am pretty sure it is, but I will double check with networking to be 100% sure. --Katie, Marketing

@willie Thanks for the reminder to update that page. My colleague will take care of it soon.

--Katie, Marketing

• @Hetzner_OL said:

@vimalware said:

@Hetzner_OL:

Sorry that I missed this, @vimalware ! I am pretty sure it is, but I will double check with networking to be 100% sure. --Katie, Marketing

@willie Thanks for the reminder to update that page. My colleague will take care of it soon.

--Katie, Marketing

When I moved my stuff from German Dedi to my new Dedi in Helsinki, the traffic was not measured.

Thanked by 2vimalware karjaj
  • Benchmark results:
    Euro 4.90 VPS

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/7897810

Looks very impressive.

Thanked by 1pxhaxor
  • Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@vimalware I can confirm that the bandwidth between Finland and Germany is not metered and is considered internal. --Katie, Marketing

• williewillie Member
    edited April 2018

ehab said: do the pleasure of Geekbench please.

There's lots of geekbench in the earlier thread from when the cloud servers were first announced. CPU benchmarks like that are unlikely to change just because of the new DC. Network tests would be more interesting. The old thread is here:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/136168/