Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stablehost sold last month, brought by Misshosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stablehost sold last month, brought by Misshosting

emghemgh Member

Today they intruduced a swedish webhosting package. I brought it and noticed that the default html was advertisement for Misshosting, a company that I've tried to avoid for years due to going two things that I literally hate:

1. Providing a price that says "123 per month" but when you proceed to enter your detials it than later states you have to pay yearly
  2. Showing a certain price, and a little star with a long text that no one reads, and suprisinly enough the price that was literally showed as "per month" was just for the first year

Their support is also totally garbage, I asked what datacenter they were located in, Misshosting, and they told me it was confidential and that it would mean huge secruity violations if everyone knew that, and a traceroute got me the information. They're students who dosen't have any interest in hosting at all.

I've chatted with someone, he worked at the local supermarket before getting hired, and he told me that his wage was lower than what he got at the actual supermarket.

Is this just a bad beginning without cordination or will we see Stablehosts well known quality start to decrese?

For anyone interested in their Stockholm hosting, for a limited time, "STOCKHOLM" gives you 75% off for life.

https://www.sedulo.co.uk/news/miss-group-continues-aquisition-growth-strategy-purchase-us-hosting-company

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

From Stable to Miss, what a disaster.

Thanked by 4jh sin ariq01 FHR
  • hzrhzr Member

"aquisition growth strategy"

Thanked by 1JahAGR
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is apparently nigh.

• WHTWHT Member

Anyway its better as EIG.

• quickquick Member

Ok

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

That sucks, I used SH a long time ago for a few sites, was a good company. Hopefully it's not torn apart like EIG brands.

Thanked by 1Clouvider

Well, can't blame a lady for wanting a stable guy.

• emgh said: it was confidential and that it would mean huge secruity violations if everyone knew that

wat?

• emghemgh Member
    edited April 2018

@jetchirag said:

emgh said: it was confidential and that it would mean huge secruity violations if everyone knew that

wat?

That was what they told me, they were very clear about them telling me what datacenter they used would result in security risks. Is their dc built out of sand?

Honestly I think that there's no such policy but that the staff dosen't even know where their datacenter is so they went with the "secruity risk".

Thanked by 1jetchirag
  • @emgh said:

@jetchirag said:

emgh said: it was confidential and that it would mean huge secruity violations if everyone knew that

wat?

That was what they told me, they were very clear about them telling me what datacenter they used would result in security risks. Is their dc built out of sand?

Honestly I think that there's no such policy but that the staff dosen't even know where their datacenter is so they went with the "secruity risk".

Unless it's in their basement.

edited April 2018

Basement is very dangerous, you know. Those black widow spiders can hurt, not to mention often-crazed server hamsters can claw you down.

Thanked by 2MichaelCee sin
  • jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2018

@deank said:
    Basement is very dangerous, you know. Those black widow spiders can hurt, not to mention often-crazed server hamsters can claw you down.

If the hamsters leave their wheel you might experience a power outage when the laptop battery ups runs out.