Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm searching for cheapest domain
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I'm searching for cheapest domain

I'm searching for the cheapest domain out here. Do you know any providers that are good and they are ultra-cheap at the same time? I want to open a little website.

Comments

• donlidonli Member

For domain registrar price comparisons look at:

https://tld-list.com

https://www.domcomp.com

Thanked by 2UnnoTed NanoG6
  • It highly depends on the TLD. Which one are you aiming for?

• .net

• deankdeank Member, Troll

.com, .net, .org are the top 3 TLDs. You may be able to find cheap first year but will have to eventually need to pay around 10 buck a year.

• I wanted to buy the .com one (cheaper) but i found out the one i need is already taken so my only solution is .net one. But i can't afford it so i hope i find a solution.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

You cannot afford 10 bucks?

• Try some generic top-level domains if they are for casual things.

*.men are pretty cheap for multi years on namecheap.

• deathlife23 said: the one i need

That sounds like it's pretty valuable to you.

• Not sure if they still do but Godaddy used to run a lot of $99 cent deals for your first domain. You could try and google that. Renewal will always be around $10 unless you make use of a temporary promo to renew or transfer.

Having said that, If you don't even have a $10 budget for a domain maybe thats not the wisest thing to spend your money on.

• You said you want to open a website. Do you have hosting already? Many companies provide a domain for free for a year if you buy hosting from them.

• nepsneps Member

If you can't afford a domain, (or you don't feel your website is worth spending $10 on), maybe consider a Wordpress.com blog instead? Because a website's expenses don't end with the domain purchase.

If you really really really want a cheap domain, just buy an on-sale garbage TLD like .space or .xyz or something from Namecheap.

• DO NOT TRY GODADDY.

Unless you want to be annoyed by promotional advertising or scared by expensive renewals

• @MadLifer said:
    DO NOT TRY GODADDY.

Unless you want to be annoyed by promotional advertising or scared by expensive renewals

That's the price you're paying for going cheap :)

• @Saragoldfarb said:

@MadLifer said:
    DO NOT TRY GODADDY.

That's the price you're paying for going cheap :)

The price for the first year alone is very cheap, but I don't think that running a website for less than a year will have any value. You always have to renew for the second year.