Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Provider 101: WHMCS fails to suspend and gives a customer free service for over a year. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Provider 101: WHMCS fails to suspend and gives a customer free service for over a year.

2»

Comments

• poll not found.

like you said, its not bug, its feature.

• ElmoElmo Member

Case 1: Due to provider's software issue, the service was not suspended as it should be at the end of the billing period. The provider sent notice(s) about the invoice but the client didn't pay it.

IMO: Provider should send another notice, wait for couple of days for reply and if not suspend. Wait for some more time 1 week maybe, and if there is no reply, remove everything. If the client pays the invoice, all well. If client reply but don't want to pay, kindly ask them to find another host, give them some time to move things and then remove everything.

Reasoning: Provider did sent the notice(s), but can't be 100% sure that the client got them. They should give the client a second chance.

Case 2: Due to provider's software issue, the service was not suspended as it should be at the end of the billing period. The provider didn't send notice(s) about the invoice.

IMO: 100% responsibility of the provider and should take the loss. Keep the service active and inform client about the problem. If the client doesn't want to pay, kindly ask them to find another host, give them some time to move things and then remove everything. If the client wants to stay, they will pay both the old and new invoice.

• AidanAidan Member

doughmanes said: I've had free service 16 months on an idling service.

If they've been giving you a free service for 16 months, then a 48-hour notice would increase their losses by less than half a percentage point. If one out of 200 affected clients paid, they'd be in the positive.

Common decency would've been to contact you about it, perhaps after suspending the service to ensure a speedy reply from your side.

• Immediately terminate the service without opening a ticket and start collection/bailif.

Thanked by 2Levi Hxxx
  • ramnetramnet Member, Host Rep

I've had this happen before too. WHMCS cannot be trusted with suspensions, and I made my own script that checks the status in WHMCS and re-suspends things that should be suspended.

As far as dealing with the customer goes, in my case the service will be suspended, with the usual email notifying customer of this and instructing them to contact to restore/pay for service.

• noamannoaman Member
    edited May 2018

this happened with me before but i am going to disclose the company name as they took the right step

I bought a vps deal around 2.5 pounds per year from myserverplanet.. and they forgot to suspend it

then after some time they send a new invoice with amount being adjusted ...