Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone used Audials?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Has anyone used Audials?

Apparently it lets you legally (live) record video/music from the big video/music streaming services in terms of the "right to a private copy" for personal (unshared) use.
As it is said to be legal when it comes to copyright law (to record a private copy of media is allowed in Germany) I was thinking about giving it a try to be able to offline watch some series. Has anyone tried it so far? Is it worth the 50€?

@Falzo have you tried it perhaps? :P

Comments

• FalzoFalzo Member

@Ympker said:

Sorry, haven't even heard of that before. Still using UKW , though it happens to be expensive, payment is mandatory ;-)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Falzo said:

@Ympker said:

Sorry, haven't even heard of that before. Still using UKW , though it happens to be expensive, payment is mandatory ;-)

Ah fair enough :P Well 50€ isn't that much considering the comfort of being able to listen offline to some series/music^^ Might give it a try as I just saw they have a demo, too :)

• Yep Rips netflix,Amazon,Hulu etc into any format you need.
    Great program.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Ympker said: As it is said to be legal when it comes to copyright law (to record a private copy of media is allowed in Germany)

Any idea about legality in US/CA? If it is allowed, I don't mind spending the money for it.

• @ramesh_vish said:

Ympker said: As it is said to be legal when it comes to copyright law (to record a private copy of media is allowed in Germany)

Any idea about legality in US/CA? If it is allowed, I don't mind spending the money for it.

Sorry no idea about US :/

• TionTion Member

Tried it once with Spotify a few years back. Their so called advert detection failed on 90% of the playlist I fed it.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • OBS also does the job manually. But Audials records automatically whole series

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2018

@Tion said:
    Tried it once with Spotify a few years back. Their so called advert detection failed on 90% of the playlist I fed it.

Try thwir music search youtube function? :P
    Netflix/prime works good I heard

It's on sale: 25€
    https://audials.com/de/shop/deals.html?utm_source=criteo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=lowerfunnel&a_i=done

• Update:

Consulted with a german lawyer and the software is indeed legit for german users @Falzo for private copies which you can keep even AFTER your subscription of the respective service has exppired.