Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH UK Server Ping
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH UK Server Ping

Does anyone have a OVH UK data center server to test ping against? They don't seem to list it on their testing service which is a bit annoying (http://ovh.net/).

Would like to see if it's worth paying the extra £10/month or so for the London data center vs Gravelines

Comments

• Try: eri.smokeping.ovh.net (147.135.142.42)

Thanked by 1ndm
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

ndm said: Does anyone have a OVH UK data center server to test ping against?

ping eri.smokeping.ovh.net (also you can visit http://eri.smokeping.ovh.net/)

ndm said: Would like to see if it's worth paying the extra £10/month or so for the London data center vs Gravelines

It is not.

Thanked by 1ndm
  • London More Good then Gravelines, more stabile, but ovh eu bad for asia zone

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Noobskid said:
    London More Good then Gravelines, more stabile, but ovh eu bad for asia zone

I have noticed that the Gravelines worst DC not only Asia other parts of world, RBX much faster.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

Sent you a PM with one of our IPs in the UK DC @ndm

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep

Will beat OVH prices and we host in London Docklands. Pop me a PM if you want :)

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2018

@Zare said:
    Will beat OVH prices and we host in London Docklands. Pop me a PM if you want :)

That wasn't the question though, was it? He's not looking for offers in London, he asks for target to test latency to OVH London and whether it makes sense to pay them more vs FR location.

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep

@Clouvider said:

@Zare said:

That wasn't the question though, was it? He's not looking for offers in London, he asks for target to test latency to OVH London and whether it makes sense to pay them more via FR location.

Well from what I can gather and I could be wrong, but he wants to ideally use the London OVH location, but doesn't know if its worth the extra £10. So was offering to match OVH pricing, allowing him to use a London Docklands location with the very best ping.

Again, could be wrong!

• ZerpyZerpy Member

@Zare said:

@Clouvider said:

@Zare said:

That wasn't the question though, was it? He's not looking for offers in London, he asks for target to test latency to OVH London and whether it makes sense to pay them more via FR location.

Well from what I can gather and I could be wrong, but he wants to ideally use the London OVH location, but doesn't know if its worth the extra £10. So was offering to match OVH pricing, allowing him to use a London Docklands location with the very best ping.

Again, could be wrong!

Hopefully ain't backhauled to Bristol.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
    edited April 2018

Zare said: So was offering to match OVH pricing, allowing him to use a London Docklands location with the very best ping.

which in the context is nothing else but a spam ;-). Again, could be wrong! :)

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • drizbodrizbo Member
    edited April 2018

@Clouvider said:

Zare said: So was offering to match OVH pricing, allowing him to use a London Docklands location with the very best ping.

What are your posts then, if not spam? (Mine aswell)

Thanked by 2Zare v3ng
  • drizbo said: What are your posts then, if not spam? (Mine aswell)

This (mine) comment as well

Thanked by 1drizbo

@jetchirag said:

drizbo said: What are your posts then, if not spam? (Mine aswell)

This (mine) comment as well

And mine!

• London-based here. All of our gear is GRA3 which we get ~4ms ping to from the office. I've spun up some LDN instances before and the routing is worse.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@iwaswrongonce said:
    London-based here. All of our gear is GRA3 which we get ~4ms ping to from the office. I've spun up some LDN instances before and the routing is worse.

Exactly the same boat, we do have a several projects in RBX, tried to migrate to UK, some networks in UK are worst than OVH, as pings higher and traceroutes longer testing from the same country!!! Example: BlueSquare Data Center.

• ndmndm Member

Cheers for all the info, only seeing a 1-2ms difference from our location - I think we'll give OVH UK a miss.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @Clouvider said:

No offense mate, but you forgot about your MPLS-TE spamming around here?

• I just checked again and it seems the LDN routing has gotten better, but still such a marginal improvement. Avg pings GRA3 4.2ms vs LDN 1.8ms.

edited April 2018

@florianb said:

@Clouvider said:

Childish of you Florian ;-).

No, never been any MPLS-TE spamming here or anywhere else ;-). Contrary to what happened above.

Read the definition mate.

• MrMMrM Member

@Clouvider said:

@florianb said:

@Clouvider said:

Childish of you Florian ;-).

No, never been any MPLS-TE spamming here or anywhere else ;-). Contrary to what happened above.

Read the definition mate.

hello sir, please check ticket #611374.

thank you sir