Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Give me thoughts on this offer!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Give me thoughts on this offer!

emghemgh Member
edited April 2018 in General

I have a friend who have this and can colo it in a Swedish datacenter. Is it worth the value? Is there anything public that can beat it? It includes ISP level ddos protection from Telia.

Server:
Supermicro
2 xE5-2630
256GB
$205,35

Have to put my own disk in it.

Is it worth it?
  1. Is it worth it?25 votes
    1. Hell yeah
      20.00%
    2. Hell no
      28.00%
    3. $7
      52.00%

Comments

• Network speed? Number of IPs? Amount of disks? I think these factors will affect the price a lot.
    Anyway, Swedish is a quite expensive location with expensive network transfer.

• emghemgh Member
    edited April 2018

@levnode said:
    Network speed? Number of IPs? Amount of disks? I think these factors will affect the price a lot.
    Anyway, Swedish is a quite expensive location with expensive network transfer.

Shared 1Gbps switch, I get one ip and extras is 25:- (around 3 dollars). The transfer would be limited, around 1TB - but sometimes you just have to speak with them to increse stuff like that really cheap and sometimes free.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Then it would be a no. What can you do with 1TB on shared 1G?

Thanked by 2Junkless Aidan
  • emghemgh Member

@Clouvider said:
    Then it would be a no. What can you do with 1TB on shared 1G?

What if it was 3TB? He'd increse it to 3TB for free. You still think it'd be used up?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

For free? Talk about sounding desperate.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited April 2018

I don't get it, $200 per month for a server, without even any disks? Seriously?

Besides, do you actually need a server with such specs? What is your project that it needs 256 GB RAM but was OK with 1TB bandwidth?

Thanked by 1emgh
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Where is it located? If it's in Asia with great routing (particularly to China), it could be 'ok', but not great. If it's in EU or North America, then no, this price is complete crap unless it included more bandwidth, IPs and at least a couple of 4TB disks.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited April 2018

@emgh said:
    I have a friend who have this and can colo it in a Swedish datacenter.

Therefore, I assume it is located in Sweden, where blond chicks are truly blond. Norse chicks are one of the best.

Thanked by 2mikho emgh